Could you or would you ever....

by beautifulisfree 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well when my mother dies I doubt any of them will tell me. If I did find out I would go to the area but see no reason to go to their hall and be treated like dirt. I'd rather just do my own thing if I go.

My daughter's fatherwillprobably die a JW. I know they will go and since they were never DFed or DAed they might not be shunned. But if I went to support them I know it would only cause problems

It's not worth it

But if I was on a mission I just might do it - like I did for silentlambs, making sure cards were "available"

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If anyone had the guts to invite me, I would honor them by going (to a wedding) and if someone that I love who is a JW dies, I will go to the funeral. Even the nutsy relatives. I love them even if they are screwed up. I love all my family and would not do anything that would dishonor them at either occasion.

If they start something at a family reunion, I will be honest, but still keep things respectful-respecting my family in that, not the religion.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sure...why not

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Never! not for anyone or any reason

Dismembered

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

I would go if someone in the family invited me to a wedding and I think I would also go for a funeral. It would suck and be uncomfortable, but I really want them all to know that I am NOT effected by their choices and policies. I would go and act like I was going to a wedding or funeral in any other church in the world. If anyone tried to witness to me me, I would let them know how much closer to God I feel since I left the organization and I would never want to alienate him again by joining the group that worships the governing body.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Nope. Don't know anyone who would invite me to their wedding, and none of my family is in the cult anymore so there wouldn't be any funerals there. My Mom said, if they ever try to DF her she would like to go to that announcement. I would go with her to that.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Look you made calvin and hobbes laugh

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Bible says I shouldn't.

Prov 26:11 As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness.

• moshe
    moshe

It would be best that I don't ever return to a KH until they revise their doctrines. I'm afraid I just wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut and the end result would most likely be the police would be called for a "disturbance."- yuk-yuk-yuk

alt

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I've gone to the KH for a funeral and 2 weddings in the last few years. I suffered no trauma from attending and only served to remind me of why I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit