Could you or would you ever....

by beautifulisfree 45 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I've allready had to go back, but that's to get family out of course!
    Other than that, never. Not interested at all and never will be. Once you see through it, all you do is sit there agitated wanting to grab the microphone and tell these people they are crazy!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Not that I'd ever be invited, but weddings are over rated. I'll send a gift with my reguards. Funeral? Nope, they arent funerals. They are infomercials for the WTS. If some close family member dies I'll just pay my respects at the grave later on down the road.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Of course I would!!!! But I know they would kick me out.... When I was on T.V( Sally Jessie)-Roughcuts-Shirley Show- radio, the word around Kitchener ,Montreal, Waterloo, Cambridge. was I HAD GONE TO THE DEVIL!!!! trouble was one time when I picketed them at an assembly____ I tripped ___ was with many other wonderful Christians lucky for me- but the Doctor said it was broken -put a cast on it.... The Witnesses that heard about it laughed & said the Devil didnt look after his own.!!!!... But the funny thing was when I went back a couple of days later (the cast was to tight)-to the hospital they said IT WASNT BROKEN!!!! So I passed the word to those who were the mediator????? to the WT.... Jehovah Healed me !!!!!!!!!!! PTL

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Umm for me I would never go back...but since my sister is still in I don't know what I would do I couldn't go to the hall...If God forbid something should happen to her. Maybe my family would make a comprimise with her husband/in-laws about having a wake or gathering at the funeral home...but, it's to sad to think about. But then again I often wonder if she would attend any of her DF'ed family members?

• blondie
    blondie

Never, not for a wedding or a funeral (even if it's at a funeral home but JW run).

Blondie

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

HHmm, I don't really know. Depends on the event - wedding or funeral and how close I was/am to that person. I distanced myself from pretty much everybody before I faded, so I don't think I'd be invited to any weddings (no family in the fore seeable future). Funeral (God forbid) - would depend. The majority of my relatives are not JW, and they all come to the KH for funerals, so I think I could too, not many JW's would really know who I am - would just think I was "worldly" family.

BB

• Genesis
    Genesis

Yeah but I know I would be unable to not poke fun at the JWs and disturb their meeting in some ways so I better not go.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

When they announce the first gay witness wedding I might - I am not gay, but love all people. Especially if they have an interfaith ceremony with a female priest. [snicker]

Funeral - maybe if that of some of the elder's I knew. Are black roses appropo?

Jeff

• done4good
    done4good

Generally speaking, no. However, there may be a funeral or two I would have to consider, if it came to that.

j

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Hummm....good question, one that I hope I am never confronted with.

I guess for a wedding....no. Thank goodness my only relatives that are stilI IN are already married and I was able to share that special day with them.

For a funeral. I would only bother if it was a relative. I would hope something more would be held after or before at a funeral home so I could pay my last respects there instead of having to do so at the KH. It would make the situation that much harder if bombarded with witnoids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit