Could you or would you ever....

by beautifulisfree 45 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Of course I'd go back for a wedding or funeral? Only a neurotic wouldn't.

• windchime
    windchime

I don't want to go, but I wonder how my parents funeral would be... I don't want to go back my hometown when their funeral so far.
    My brother is active JW and still single, but I doubt he won't find his own in the org, maybe his wedding won't take place!

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

I am supposed to go to a cousins wedding this month at the local KH in Southbridge, MA. It's just a building. I'll be sitting near the "worldly" relatives who go. I'll point out to them the pagan act of exchanging rings which they might chuckle about.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Only a neurotic wouldn't.

Guess from the responses I'm not the only one.

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

Last time was over a year ago for grandpa's funeral, out of respect for him and my family. I know I will have to do it again for grandma soon. I sit by my df'd sis and hold hands.

• parakeet
    parakeet

No. I made up my mind years ago that I won't ever go back, not even for a close relative's funeral. I'm not DFed, but the JWs would either snub me completely or attempt to comfort me with the "resurrection hope." Either response would be intolerably cruel, especially if I'm already in a grief-stricken state. Only "neurotics" would subject themselves needlessly to such unloving treatment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit