Introducing myself

by skyking 40 Replies latest social family

• skyking
    skyking

I was raised a JW, third generation. Grampa was a congregation servant and then Elder, my dad was an Elder for years. I made it up the ranks fast, you were not anybody if you did not become an Elder, I was appointed at an early age. I became stumbled when I found out about the Society's deal with Bulgaria. I was soon removed. I could no longer serve after finding the truth on Blood. Years later I found found out about the UNG thing. Told my dad he was DF'd for telling others about it, even though he had letter from the Society proving it. I was put on trial, but when the Eiders met with me I knew what they wanted to hear, I has sit on the other side so I was humble and listened to them. I was put on reproof for telling others about the UN deal. I was told it was to stumbling to others. They gave a marking talk leaving no doubt whom they were talking about. They said in the Talk that even a brother was telling the truth if it put the Society in a bad light then not to listen but run from the person and not become like the destroyer of faith. This happened the first week of November 2001 and I have not been back to a meeting since. I am known as the great apostate locally. I have done nothing wrong and I am mad as hell about what has happened to me. My wife kept going for over a year then one Sunday she came home and said she could no-longer sit through another meeting and she has never been went back. We are happier now than we have ever been. Except I can not get over being lied to and deceived, I hurt all the was to the very foundation of my soul.

I have to leave for about five hours so when I come back I would read howdy from as many of you as I can. This will help my hurting soul.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Howdy Skyking...

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME, SKYKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

What's up skyking.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Hello skyking, and welcome

I have only just joined as well, and have also only just left the organisation after a lifetime in.

• done4good
    done4good

Welcome, Skydiving!

j

• done4good
    done4good

SKYDIVING??? Good one j

Welcome, Skyking!!!

j

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Here's an Arkansas Howdy to you.

I have no idea where you came up with your handle but, as a boy, I used to listen to Sky King on radio as my friend and I played checkers while sprawled on the living room rug.

Fats

• lowden
    lowden

Your story is not uncommon SkyKing.

Welcome to the forum!

Peace

Lowden

• Forscher
    Forscher

Welcome to the forum Skyking!
    Forscher

Share this