What were your seating habits at the hall?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I could never sit in the front row...or second or even third row from the front. I didn't feel comfy knowing 90% of people were in back of me staring at my head...lmao

So, I was always in the last 2 rows. usually in a corner.

• freetosee
    freetosee

We had ‘reserved’ seats. The long-time cong members always sat in the same seat. Even when we ones used a different hall you would still find people sitting in the same pattern. There was counsel from the CO or km which made people choose different seats for a short while, but a few weeks later it was back to the old routine. At least it made things easier for the conductor and the brothers running the mics. fts

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Both of the halls I attended were organized with 3 cloumns, the left and right comprising of 5 chairs, and the middle being 8. We always sat on one of the short rows, halfway towards the stage.

I always took the end seat (legroom) and my mom always had to sit directly next to me. No space.

I was thinking about this the other day- Even until I left, I would ask permission to use the bathroom. WTF??

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I always sat between my mom and dad and my brothers sat on my dad's side and we always sat second to last row on the right side, except when my mom was pissed off and then she would move us to the middle or left section up a few rows... it drove me nuts, all the weirdos sat on the left side.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Soundbooth for eons

Dismembered

• Genesis
    Genesis

Were I was young I would sit in the back, when I was a "spiritual" sicko I was always in the front row. When I became apostate I went to one last meeting and everyone knew I was no more with them so I sat in first row anyway and didnt sung Kingdom Melodies. And there was people coming to me to cry and hug me lol. During the meeting they made prayers to ask Jehovack to save those who are doubting and all and they made the congregational need on loving the brotherhood and the borg...

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

I used to sit in the middle of the Hall with my husband until his death 6 years ago, and then I sat with my son and his family or with one of my friends. I moved around a little after being widowed, having sat in the same place for many years.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I liked sitting in the back. Could make a quicker exit that way.

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

In our hall you could tell who was going to be fading/disfellowshiped next because they would sit in the back row, including us. But was taken by surprise when it was an elder, his wife and his girlfriend with her husband. But sure enough the back row was cursed.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

we always tried to sit somewhere different each meeting as counselled

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit