What were your seating habits at the hall?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

As a teen, and when I had priviledges, I was in the back working sound or in the aisles handling a micophone. I hated sitting through a meeting as I would generaly doze off, and then I would get grounded for the weekend or the week, depending on what meeting it was.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'd sit in the back or at the front.

• blondie
    blondie

2nd or 3rd row on the right side or the left, never in the middle with aisle seat for hubbie. Sometimes he let me have the aisle seat...he was counseled on that one especially after he became an elder. I guess another elder would find it hard to whisper into his ear during the meeting if an "emergency" came up.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

When I was sharing house with a few girls we'd always fight over who would sit where. One of the girls didn't like to sit on the aisle and always insisted someone else did. Well this made the rest of us determined to make HER sit on the aisle. LOL.

otherwise I'd always sit in the back 3rd of the hall.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

almost always in a chair.

OK that was only funny to me.

Sat in the back for most of the past four years that I went because I was DF'd a lot.

Sat next to a mix of single friends (guys and girls) and got counseled for it. Oops, don't sit by boys, naughty naughty.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Fun topic... who wouldda thought...? ;-)

Next we'll see a topic entitled, "What were your Kingdom Hall bowel habits"!

But I digress...

IN THE BEGINNING...

started out sitting in the back, too shy to go forward.

BUT being SHORT -- couldn't see over people's heads...

AND being A.D.D. -- couldn't pay attention with people in front of me moving around, talking, shuffling, etc. Majorly annoying.

So before long I moved myself right IN THE FRONT forevermore, and loved it.. NOBODY around up there, lol, nice and quiet, with a clear view of the speakers so I could "pay attention" WITHOUT DISTRACTION and no "big heads" in front of me, lol. It could have been the 2nd row, or maybe 3rd (as long as there was an empty chair in front of me so I could kick off my heels and prop my toes on the back of the chair in front of me... Dang chairs were always too big, too, had to prop-up somehow to keep from sliding down, lol).

/AG

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

I preferred to sit in the back. I hate not knowing what is going on behind me. We had a weird setup with a large center row and rows of two seats on the side. I liked getting the side seats. Up toward the front there were wings, and sitting in the back of one of those wings was ok as well. I also did the mics for some time. A lot of people seem to think we feel "priveleged" doing the mics. Maybe that is the case for some, but I liked it because I didn't have to sit or pay attention (other than trying to pay attention to whom was called on so I could find them).

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

As an adult, I was kind of all over the place, but primarily midway to the stage, usually in the short right-hand aisle. I liked being on the aisle because I had nothing to hide, and I was young and cute and a 'good girl,' and hoping to attract the attention of a nerdy young brother who might want to rescue me from singlehood. At 21, 22, I was getting 'old' by JW standards for marriage, where 18-19 was more the norm.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Seems like most on this thread sat at the back of the hall - me included!

Maybe there is a message there somewhere. Anyway, my first wife would refuse to sit anywhere except the back row - fine by me. However when she didn't go on occassions I would sit in the front row to see what it was like. I hated it coz I had to pay attention and I got a neck ache!

It was great sitting in the back row, great for quick getaways when I didn't want to hang around and talk to anyone.

• daydream1900
    daydream1900

me and my grandmother used to sit at the back so we could talk about what folk were wearing n stuff. or we would talk about what to eat after the meeting or what video to watch! my mother always tried to split us up but to no avail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit