I am in agony...................

by vitty 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

**** Pokes Vitty ****

So, ya still with us?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Vitty, seriously I hope you are getting medical attention right now ! I am highly sensitive to wasp stings too and react that way . My Doctor has me carry an Epi-Pen just in case because each time it can get worse and you could go into shock . Please get back to us later so we know your okay .

• vitty
    vitty

Hi

Panic over, yes im still alive. I went round to my neighbour and she took me to the doctors which is about 5 minutes away. As soon as I showed the receptionist my arm, she sent me straight in.

He took my blood pressure and listened to my chest, I dont know what he gave me, but it was liquid. He said it was a bad reaction but not an allergic reaction....................scully maybe you know the difference ?

Anyway by the time I got home the swelling had gone down and the red wheels had disapeared !

The pain is still there but he just said to take normal pain killers. I didnt ask too many questions cos he is very hard to understand and isnt very good with english, but he didnt seem to worried.

Im really tired now so im going to have a nap.

Thanks everyone for your concern

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi vitty,

I am so glad that you are ok. Enjoy your nap!

love

Linda

• daystar
    daystar

Vitty! Whew! Glad you're okay.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Oh Vitty I'm glad you are okay !

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Phew!! So glad you're ok vitty.

Sounds like the doc might have given you liquid piriton - it's just like taking diazepam

• luna2
    luna2

Glad everything is alright, vitty. That was scary.

I want a nap too. I'm feelin' tired and lazy and don't want to work.

• Princess
    Princess

I'm so glad you are OK.

Last month my eight year old daughter and her friend were screaming in the front yard and rang the doorbell. I opened the door and they were both hysterical, beating off wasps and screaming "help us!". I grabbed their arms and pulled them in the house and slammed the door. It took a minute for me to realize they were both covered with wasps that were still stinging them. So, I pulled them in the backyard and started pulling the wasps out of their hair and brushing them off their backs. It was awful. The poor little girls were in such pain. My husband was in the house killing the ones that got inside and calling paramedics.

Both girls were OK. Neither had a reaction but both were stung over a dozen times. I was lucky I wasn't stung as I am allergic to them. I knew the paramedics were on the way and had to help those girls. I figured if I did get stung, I'd at least have medical attention quickly.

The pain does last a long time. Zoe was hurting for a good two hours afterward, then she fell asleep and was better in the morning.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Vitty I am so glad you are okay! Thank goodness you have a good neighbour! Get some rest my dear.

Princess - that is just about the scariest thing I have ever read! I'm glad the kids are okay now and hope you have nuked that wasps nest!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit