I am in agony...................

by vitty 55 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

......................Ive just been stung for the first time by a wasp. My goodness its so painful, it feels as though ive been burned. I dont know what to put on it for some relief. My arm has swollen up and I feel really sick. The lump is as big as a orange with red wheels going up and down my arm.

I know its not serious but I never knew how painful a wasp sting can be. I know some ppl get a allergic reaction that can be dangerous, but this happened about 15 minutes ago, and I think I would know by now if it was going to happen. But the pain is really intense, has anyone any tips ?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Oh vitty, I am sorry to hear that, wasp stings are very painful.

Last time I was stung, I was advised to wash the sting area with soapy water, then put a clean cloth over it, and apply ice to it, and it did work. Also, you can take painkillers, which may help. If it itches later, taking antihistamines can help with that.

I do hope you will be ok

Linda

• jgnat
    jgnat
    My arm has swollen up and I feel really sick. The lump is as big as a orange with red wheels going up and down my arm.

Oh, vitty, that is so much worse than it should be. Normally, a wasp sting is no more than a centimeter/half inch across. You might be having a life-threatening allergic reaction. Get yourself checked ASAP, and if you have any antihistamine in the house, take some now!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

get an aspirin or ibuprofen, grind it up into a powder, and then add just enough water to make it real pastey. Then rub the paste right where the wasp stung you.

Or, if you have some ammonia (for cleaning), dampen a small cloth with some, and put it right on top. Thats takes the sting out.

If it's the size of an orange, you might be having a bad reaction. IF you have trouble breathing, call an ambulance immediately.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

yikes! yeah seek medical attention.. if you have benadryl taking one right away wont hurt.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

That sounds like you're reacting. Have you got some Piriton or can you get your hands on some?

• Scully
    Scully

You might also have the wasp's stinger stuck in your arm, which still has more venom in it.

For a reaction of that size, I would definitely get directly to an Emergency Room. If it is your first sting and you are reacting this badly, it could still develop into anaphylaxis. Don't be surprised if they tell you that you need to have an Epi-Pen in case you get stung again.

Hurry and go to the hospital. Check in and let us know how it goes when you get back.

• vitty
    vitty

Right, Ive taken a antihystamine and ive squoshed a asprin in water and put it on my arm........................oh the pain, the pain.

• blondie
    blondie

Hurry and go to the hospital.

I am allergic to wasp and bees. It sounds like you are also get to a doctor now! Please don't wait it is dangerous for you not to.

Please go now!

Let us know when you are OK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit