I am in agony...................

by vitty 55 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

ok ill ring the doctor

• Scully
    Scully

Forget ringing the doctor. GO TO THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT AT THE HOSPITAL. If you are alone, do NOT drive yourself to the hospital. Call an ambulance.

If you waste too much time, you could go into shock and could die. Really. This is VERY VERY SERIOUS.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    ok ill ring the doctor

GOOD! Sorry, but it's about F******G TIME!

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

DO WHAT SCULLY SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love you!

Ian

• acadian
    acadian
    My arm has swollen up and I feel really sick. The lump is as big as a orange with red wheels going up and down my arm.

Sounds serious ! I hope you are not reading this right now but having your arm looked at. Future reference: Tobacco and saliva mixed together and applied to sting and surrounding area will in many cases stop the speading venom and take away much of the pain. Put a good cigar in your first aid kit. I don't know the whole process, but your saliva and tobacco act as a tenderiser and break down the venom. This needs to be applied immediatly for best results Acadian

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ouch! That sounds like an alergic reaction. If you take a dose of Benedryl that should help to keep your reaction down. If your face, eyes, or tongue starts swelling you better get to the ER.

Let us know how you do.

r.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    When to Seek Medical Care

Although most stings can be treated at home, some will require more medical care.

• Call your doctor or go to a hospital’s emergency department if a large localized reaction (greater than about 10 inches in diameter) occurs, evidence of infection (increasing pain, swelling, redness, drainage of pus or fever) is present at the sting site, or any symptoms last for more than a day or 2.

• If it has been more than 10 years since your last tetanus booster, contact your doctor about getting a tetanus immunization.

Although most stings do not require medical care, remember some stings can be serious or even fatal. If you have the slightest suspicion that someone is having a generalized or allergic reaction, seek emergency medical care immediately. In many areas dialing 911 for an ambulance may be your best option. (Try to avoid driving yourself to the hospital if you believe you are suffering from an allergic reaction—you may lose consciousness and have an accident.)

Go to a hospital’s emergency department immediately if someone is showing evidence of an allergic reaction. Remember, an allergic reaction may occur in people with no prior history of allergic reactions. Any of the following may indicate an allergic reaction:

• Difficulty breathing

• Difficulty speaking

• Swelling in the mouth or throat

• Rash all over the body

• Faintness or decreased level of consciousness

• If more than 10-20 stings have occurred, especially with wasp stings or in children, elderly people, or people with underlying medical problems

• If the sting involves the inside of the mouth or throat, especially if in children and/or involves more than 1 sting

• If the sting involves the eyeball itself

• If a person has been stung by an insect species that has previously caused an allergic reaction in the person—even if there is no evidence of a current allergic reaction (The safe thing to do is to head for an emergency department in case the person suddenly develops an allergic reaction.)

• If a large localized reaction (redness greater than about 10 inches across) or evidence of infection (increasing pain, swelling, redness, drainage of pus or fever) is present at the sting site or sites and you cannot contact your personal doctor promptly
  • Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Oh Vitty,

Let us know what the dr said. My mother had symptoms like you several years ago and now has to carry an epi pen around with her in case of stings.

I know what you are going through. On holiday we were hiking on the Bruce Trail and my dog was ahead of me. I noticed her snapping at things and bitting her flanks. She was being attacked by wasps!! There were about six on her fur, and several flying around her. I started swatting them off of her (probably the wrong thing to do, but they were trying to hurt my dog!!!!!!!!!) There must have been a nest in the cracks in the rocks or somthing and it got disturbed. I ended up with two stings on my legs, and was out in the middle of nowhere! I don't think they got my dog, she seemed ok and her fur is really thick where they were trying to sting her. It stung for a while and then was terribly itchy for almost a week!

Take care and let us know what the dr said.

BB

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey BB,

You've got a nerve coming on this thread with a name like that!

Ian

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Ian!! I NEVER even thought of that!!! OMG!!! That was too funny!!!! Sorry vitty, but I don't sting, really I don't!!

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit