What do the endless debates with ThirdWitness etc prove?

by jwfacts 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zico
    Zico

It was watching scholar lose so many debates that proved to me I didn't have 'The Truth'!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, you said so succinctly what I could spend a book trying to say!:

>>>There are currently long debates going on with 3W about the subtle meaning of words and how they are supposed to prove the WTS has the correct doctrine. Even as a JW I always noticed that it was impossible to prove a doctrine to people in the field. The fact that 2 Christians can discuss topics endlessly without any conclusion shows me that God can not possibly be going to destroy every non JW simply because they could not be convinced of Watchtower doctrine. The bible says very little about doctrine, besides Pauls discussions to show Jesus is our Ransomer and means for everlasting heavenly life. Jehovah's Witnesses preoccupation with Watchtower centric doctrine seems to distract them from the biblical message the a person is to keep their minds on Jesus as the means for salvation. The concept that we are in the Last Days and in Jesus presence since 1914 is spiritually damaging. A Christian serves God out of love for God, a JW serves with the view that they will get a reward within the next few years. This only leads to dissappointment and hence the large number of burnt out JWs.

• Warlock
    Warlock

It proves that some people have too much time on their hands.

Warlock

• Twitch
    Twitch
    The "fine witness" he gives is a wonderful inoculation for those who might be evenly slightly/remotely interested in studying with the JWs

Well said Lady Lee.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My brother, aliveinchrist, as debated him before and has a name for him "thirdwitless"!

Had to share that!

shelley

• greendawn
    greendawn

True people should serve God out of respect and love not out of selfish motive or morbid fear as the JWs and many others do, their approach to the way they should relate to God is fundamentally wrong. That's why they have a pseudospiritual culture that lacks the essentials of Christianity such as brotherly love and a charitable spirit.

Of course they are not the only ones guilty of this but on the other hand they fiercely claim that they are the only true religion and demand accordingly.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I think the debates are great, and it is good the moderators allow them.

as the little icon at the top left of the page says: Everybody welcome.

As long as they stick to the forum guidelines and don't resort to insults, everyone is allowed to have an opinion. And while the mods can't read every single post that is made on this board, we do try to keep it a good and safe place to post

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I had to come back for this gem:

Zico
    Re: What do the endless debates with ThirdWitness etc prove? 31-Aug-06 02:59 Aug 31, 2006
    It was watching scholar lose so many debates that proved to me I didn't have 'The Truth'!

That is the best reason to allow it

• Dansk
    Dansk

Lee,

I was about to post EXACTLY that! (((((((((Hugs)))))))))!

Ian

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    They allow an opportunity for lurkers to decide again whether they are in favor of thirdwitness' style of argumentation or whether they are in favor of candid honesty.

True.

The opportunity to sit back and watch just who is making sense and who is sticking to the WTS spin on scripture----is priceless.

Years ago, I went on the old h20 forum, thinking I would "take my stand" and prove all those apostates wrong.

The more I did my best to defend my beliefs, the WTS beliefs, the more I found myself being debated.....and on closer scrutiny---the apostates and opposers were right in what they were presenting as argument.

The WTS paper trail, and the "old stuff we never heard about" was incriminating enough......but with the deliberate misinterpretation of scripture to prove the WTS agend and teachings.... was THE most damning of all.

It takes courage to look in the mirror and admit you've been HAD, and if you still believe in God......to keep searching outside of a lying organization you had put your trust in.

GOD knows you've been duped, and He also knows who did the deliberate duping! Vengeance is MINE, he said!

So, threads like that one DO have value and can prove ever so much.....just not the way 3rdWit may have thought it would!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit