What do the endless debates with ThirdWitness etc prove?

by jwfacts 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There are currently long debates going on with 3W about the subtle meaning of words and how they are supposed to prove the WTS has the correct doctrine. Even as a JW I always noticed that it was impossible to prove a doctrine to people in the field. The fact that 2 Christians can discuss topics endlessly without any conclusion shows me that God can not possibly be going to destroy every non JW simply because they could not be convinced of Watchtower doctrine.

The bible says very little about doctrine, besides Pauls discussions to show Jesus is our Ransomer and means for everlasting heavenly life. Jehovah's Witnesses preoccupation with Watchtower centric doctrine seems to distract them from the biblical message the a person is to keep their minds on Jesus as the means for salvation.

The concept that we are in the Last Days and in Jesus presence since 1914 is spiritually damaging. A Christian serves God out of love for God, a JW serves with the view that they will get a reward within the next few years. This only leads to dissappointment and hence the large number of burnt out JWs.

• headmath
    headmath

I think 3 witness will make a fine apostate once he/she comes to his/her senses

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

AMEN Happy Birthday JWFACTS!!! edited for lack of birthday greeting

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

These endless debates prove the mods are long on tolerance.

• zagor
    zagor
    Even as a JW I always noticed that it was impossible to prove a doctrine to people in the field. The fact that 2 Christians can discuss topics endlessly without any conclusion shows me that God can not possibly be going to destroy every non JW simply because they could not be convinced of Watchtower doctrine.

Funny, I've come to exactly the same conclusion before I left. I've asked an elder whether he would punish his child more if it did (or believed) something wrong because it simply couldn't understand things the way he wanted him to, or when it knew that something is wrong and did it anyway? Because according to that logic and if JW are the only one to know the truth, they are going to be judged more than any other christians on this planet. Naturally, he didn't know what to say.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

They allow an opportunity for lurkers to decide again whether they are in favor of thirdwitness' style of argumentation or whether they are in favor of candid honesty.

In my opinion, such threads are MUCH more for the lurkers than for the participants. But, I also agree with MegaDude. They prove how tolerant the Forum Assistants are.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• under_believer
    under_believer

zagor, an even better question for your elder would be: If someone told you that you didn't have a right to tell your young kids what to do, and that they only obeyed you because you fed them and gave them toys, would you then
    1) give them a horrible illness (imperfection)
    2) throw them out into the back yard in the middle of winter (expulsion from the garden)
    3) only speak to them via cryptic written notes which are easily misunderstood or lost (the Bible)
    4) and then shoot them in the back of then head when then pooped on your flower bed (Armageddon)?

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

You are absolutely correct -- they are useful for the people still learning the arguments.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    A Christian serves God out of love for God, a JW serves with the view that they will get a reward within the next few years. This only leads to dissappointment and hence the large number of burnt out JWs.

I couldn't agree more. However, I have stated that JWs really worship an organization. I have noticed that many JWs have just as much reverence (sometimes more) for the Watchtower magazine than they do the Bible. When discussing forms of entertainment; how often does the average JW quote the Bible? Seldom to none. I have always heard them say "We had a Watchtower article on . . . ."

I, too, have grown quite tiresome to the verbal wrangling that has gone on between thirdwitness and others. However, I think it is a very good thing for the newbies and the JW lurkers. For this reason, I hope the debates continue.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Personally, I think it's good for someone like 3W to be here because it is a reminder of what that one sided mindset smells like.

When I read 3W's post it sets my ideas into concrete. Something strange is going on when there is that kind of blind faith in man.

Maybe 3W has doubts and wants to make sure by playing the crusader when he's really the inquisitor. This way he can 'check up' on the witnesses without feeling guilty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit