YAHWEH is BAAL

by sinis 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sinis
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I know one thing, with gods like Yaweh, who needs enemies.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

If Baal is Jehovah, I wonder at what point there was a split between the two. 1 Kings 18:21 has Elijah saying if Baal is the true god, follow him, if Jehovah is the true god follow him. My feeling is all religions are so close at their cores, that Baal, Allah, Yahweh, Zeus, or whomever is the same God.

• sinis
    sinis

Found this chart:

> El> |> Sons of El> |> Chemosh Dagon Baal Yahweh Milcom Hadad Qos> | | | | | | |> Moab Philistia Canaan Jacob Ammon Aram Edom

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

That chart is interesting. How can Yahweh or Jehovah be the son of another god? I thought Yahweh(Jehovah) was eternal to eternal.

• sinis
    sinis

Does the bible refer to El and Yahweh as being distinct? YES ->

Psalm 89:6: For who in the skies can be compared to Yahweh, who among the sons of EL is like Yahweh,
    Psalm 18:13: Yahweh also thundered in the heavens, and Elyon uttered his voice. (same as 2 Samuel 22:14)
    Psalm 29:1: Ascribe to Yahweh, O sons of EL, ascribe to Yahweh glory and strength.
  • jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

When I was a JW, I read their Bible from cover to cover. How did I miss that? I must have read it using my JW rose colored glasses. I will look those up in the JW Bible if they differ by much, I'll post them.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Psalm 89:6 "...Who can resemble Jehovah among the sons of God?"

Psalms 18:13 "And in the heavens Jehovah began to thunder. And the Most High himself began to give his voice."

Psalms 29:1 "Ascribe to Jehovah, O you sons of strong ones, Ascribe to Jehovah glory and strength."

2 Sam 22:14 "From heaven Jehovah began to thunder, And the Most High himself began to give forth his voice."

Wow, a big difference from what you have! What translation did you pull your's from? Psalms 29:1 "sons of strong ones" makes it sound like strong men. Psalms 89:6 again almost sounds like men being referred to as sons of god, sort of like "created in his image." The others make it sound like the same deity, with the title Most High.

• under_believer
    under_believer

sinis, which translation is that from?

• VM44
    VM44

sinis,

THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR!

Where did you find that chart? I would like to get the whole source from where it came.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit