The Biggest Scam known to the Son of Man?

by shinobi1kinobi 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• shinobi1kinobi
    shinobi1kinobi

After two years of constant force conversion, many many boring meetings, at least one nervous breakdown and two broken hearts. I have come to my own conclusions about the JW and the Watchtower Society. Not that different to many of your contributers on this site. I have come to the conclusion that all the JW religion is, is a very cleverly designed scam. A divine pyrimid sceme so to speak. Perhaps Moses learnt this one when staying in Egypt. (only joking, no offence to you Christians). The designer of this pyrimid scheme, i believe to be J.F.Rutherford. The astute lawyer. How trust worthy Lawyers are?, even during the day of Jesus?... who did he get angry with...anyway. Rutherford was the man who introduced many of the authoriterian rules and regulations including the 3 meetings a week and the ministry regeme. Apparently acording to Crisses of Conscience, a regime that he himself did not prescribe to personally. He stayed at Moses's mansion and kindly 'looked after it for him', what a nice fella. I bet Moses will be made up that he was such a good care taker.... Anyway, this is how i think his 'divine' pyrimid sheme works... J.F. Rutherford sits at the top makes rules, enjoys the benifits of the harvest. Much like a pharao. Difference is, he does not claim to be God, just speaking for God. But remember, he is a lawyer. He gets all his 'faithful and discreet slaves' to go out into the ministry to sell his authoritarian take on Christianity. They go out on the 'ministry' to recruit and get donations. Bring cash and people back to the Hall to 'worship' and increase overall revenue. Cash goes back to the top of the pyrimid. Workers work for free and with pride as the work is for 'God' and 'saves lives'. How noble self righteousness. The new recruits are then trained up (brainwashed) during meetings and 'book studies' to become a new budding 'faithful and discreet slave'. The hierarchy is there to give 'badges' to those who are competative in nature, and to police those who are playing up. (nothing like a bit of power to get people off). The new recruits eventually are allowed to go out on the ministry and are allowed to recruit more poor buggers and bring them back to start the cycle again. All goes well, the pyrimid and the workforce gets bigger and bigger and thus the revinue generated gets bigger and bigger. Think about it. There are approx 6,500,000 JW's at the mo. If all witnesses give £1/$2 a week. thats a pretty tidy sum for not much out going. Admitively, there are overheads. But I reacon that some congragations give a whole lot more than others. I have seen people put £50 and £20 notes in weekly. The overheads for printing magazines and books must be pretty minimal when you consider that the workforce is free, all the equipment is owned and payed for, and all the property is payed for and owned for too. I guess in the name of expansion. Anyway, I personally believe that this is the deal with the JW's. Whether the present 'governing body' even knows that this is the case, i am not sure. It would be really ironic if this was why Rutherford set up the regimist rules, and didn't tell anyone. It would be really funny (in a dark sort of way) if all these people are living their lives according to one mans get rich quick scam, especially as that man is long gone. How many broken hearts and wasted lives has this guy left in his wake. Including my own. Anyway, if there is a God, and there is a hell, I'm gonna look up Rutherford as soon as i get down there! Thanks Shinobi1

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME SHINOBI1

I look forward to your future posts, but please use paragraphs!

If all witnesses give £1/$2 a week. thats a pretty tidy sum for not much out going. Admitively, there are overheads. But I reacon that some congragations give a whole lot more than others. I have seen people put £50 and £20 notes in weekly.

I was the accounts assistant in one cong. We had a death and when we opened the contribution box there was, if I remember correctly, £6,000. The deceased's relatives had put it in!

Ian

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Obi,

You are correct, organizations are about growth, and money is required for growth. The Watchtower is a multi billion dollar corporation that has a guaranteed income stream as long as it can keep the faithful trusting them.

BTW to put in paragraphs check the Automatic cr/lf option about the submit post button.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi shinobi1, and welcome to the board!

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I have to contend here for the WT society -

Does anyone have any proof other than the Beth Sarim house that those at the top gain any financial reward for this work? From what I undersatnd they do not live an opulent lifestyle nor do they have any great financial incentives - they aren't paid as directos or are they? It seems a common sore point that the WT society seems to make money but I cannot see how it could and sill be considered a charitable concern. The amounts of money discussed here are very small for a 6 million people organisation. I fail to see any impropriety on behalf of the GB.

Now there have been some real scams perpetrated in the name of Christianity but not by Jesus / apostles / Mother Theresa types / honest christians. I feel the WT is actually blameless in this regard but I am willing to be corrected.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I feel the WT is actually blameless in this regard but I am willing to be corrected.

Then be corrected!

The GB don't have to worry about health issues as their needs are always paid for - unlike the poor souls who don't earn enough for health insurance and work their socks off furthering "the good news".

The GB don't go out on field service. They don't have to pay for clothing, housing or food.

When they travel, with or without their wives, they've been known to buck field service and stay in five-star hotels.

I'm sure others can fill you in more.

Ian

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Ok - I can see what your saying but to me that isn't the same as actually benefitting directly in a financial sense (for example there are dictators in Africa with huge funds in their name siphoned from public funds - that is corruption as far as I can see.) Staying in a five star hotel could be seen as a mark of honour (Jesus's feet where anointed with precious oil and He did not stop that.) and health care makes sense for the assets of the WT (just as most companies offer healthcare schemes in recognition of the worth of staff - or for the tax break :)) While there is a valid point about workers other than the GB receiving similar benefits that may not be financially viable however appealing.

Now unless anyone can show that the GB's personal wealth is linked directly to the 'profits' of the WT society I think we are laying false charges at the door of the WT - just as those who disagree that charities should pay directors etc.. miss an important point regarding practicalities of life.

Even Jesus and the apostles had to deal with simple financial things:

29 For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

• acadian
    acadian
    (just as most companies offer healthcare schemes in recognition of the worth of staff - or for the tax break :))

That's right their a company/corporation, and they recieve benifits and privileges from the State which according to the WTS teaching represents a part of the beast, and we are to have no part of. Question: Why is the WTS un-evenly yoked with un-believer's, as a corporation they recieve their authority, not from God, but the State that their incorporated in, it is the State's attorney general who has control of all corporations in their state. Really, by becomming a corporation their saying they want man as their ruler, rather than God, they have denigned God's power to protect them and their organization. Does God really need state protection? Does God who created all you see and can't see (if you believe in God) need the State to protect it's interest? No, but they do, because God is not with them. I don't care what they teach, truth or not, they have denigned the body of christ and become part of the body of the State. They are ANTICHRIST. Peace
    Acadian

• shinobi1kinobi
    shinobi1kinobi

hello again. I just would like to add, if you read the end of my post, i was actually speculating that the wt may be an innocent party in the scam and that they had just inherited the scam ignorantly. 'Inherited sin' so to speak. And because they had been told that this was direction from God so to speak, then they accepted the totalaterian rules and continued with out concern. Many humans are creatures of habit and as they had been sold the ministry allready over a long period of time and the JW's emphasis is pn the ministry, it would be like taking the carpet from under their feet if they removed it when Rutherford died. I do not hate JW's. I hate the sin (that is JW) not the sinner (the originator and exploiter of organized religions). I would just like to say that during the two years that i was envolved with the JW's, I got to know a number of JW's, and really liked a couple of them (as long as they didnt go off on one about religion too much). i mean i fell in love with one of them and was open minded enough to try and understand (doff!!! bad move boy). But anyway. From my own perspective, I dont personally see what good the JW's are doing. This maybe becasue i do not share their unusually dark vision of the future. But i guess we all have a right to believe what we want. Some people believe in fairies and pixies etc. What harm does it do? As long as their belief systems do not enfringe on my personal rights or disturb my life in anyway. J. Krishnamurti catch phrase was that Truth was a pathless land meaning it can not be found by searching. An interesting contradiction to the Bibles seek and you shall find. He also oppossed organized religion because he felt they were exploitative in nature. I am not a follower of Krishnamurti though and am not pushing any religious perspective. :-)

• shinobi1kinobi
    shinobi1kinobi

sorry. no paragraphs. i will try harder next time. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit