Beard Question For The Girls Out Of JWD (Guys Can Answer Too)

by jayhawk1 87 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I might even be able to pull of the look of God too... think about that!

Love the Holy Grail.

• Mary
    Mary

Geeze, 3 pages and no one's bothered to see what God's Word, the Holy Watchtower has to say about beards? Tsk, tsk, tsk....

w75 8/15 pp. 500-501 Do Not Let Yourself Be Ensnared by Fads and Entertainment ***

Extreme hair styles can easily lead one into a trap of the Devil also, and cause others to stumble. For example, a young man in the United States was making fine progress in his study of the Bible, and he was moved to share with an experienced Witness in preaching to others about the good things he was learning from the Bible. From early youth he had let his beard grow, and since some in the business community wore beards, he felt that his wearing one in preaching to others would be acceptable generally. But in speaking to a lady he was unable to do more than introduce himself, when she said: "I’m sorry, young man, I do not want to become involved in student revolt." No amount of explanation after this sufficed to clear up the misimpression.(and if you believe that, I got a bridge to sell you). After the conversation ended with the closing of the door, he asked the experienced Witness what had happened. He was invited to consider his appearance in relation to what he claimed to be, a servant of God. Not wanting to be responsible for even one person’s being stumbled so as to miss the way to everlasting life, this new Kingdom publisher shaved off his beard. Would you be willing to do the same or to make similar adjustments if your appearance gave the wrong impression in a certain community?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I remember the Elders pulling that out on me when I was still going. I had a beard for the final 2 plus years I went. I asked them what studen revolts had their been recently that had all young men wearing beards. They couldn't answer that one. Then I pointed out there was at the time Neo-Nazis with very short hair or shaved. Funny how they didn't condemn any of the young ones who buzzed off their hair in the summer.

Watchtower Corp says,

Not wanting to be responsible for even one person’s being stumbled so as to miss the way to everlasting life, this new Kingdom publisher shaved off his beard. Would you be willing to do the same or to make similar adjustments if your appearance gave the wrong impression in a certain community?
    I didn't shave then and I wouldn't now if I still went to the KH.
  • juni
    juni

From the ' 75 WT 8/15 ? Bullcrap Mary. This is THE NEW WORLD TRANSLATION Revised by Mary.

And Jayhawk? If you really live in Kansas, why are you wearing a winter coat and hat??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Juni

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I don't want all of my face on this board because of my elderly JW neighbor. She depends on my family and I don't want her to feel any discomfort talking to me. She knows I have no desire to go to the Kingdom Hall because of how certain Elders treated me. She does not need to know my faith has changed too, although I'm sure she suspects because I have not tried to talk my wife or daughter into joining.

Oh yes, I was instantly hot when I put on the hat and coat, also nearly blind by the dark glasses.

• okie46
    okie46

hey Jay, I am a beard lover myself, it holds a mans natural scent and can be very sexy when they are kept clean. Just think about certain situations though where you will want to make sure and um, well shampoo it good or you might go to work the next day smelling like your wife.

• restrangled
    restrangled

sorry sweetie,.....

Just have to add my 2 cents..take it or leave it.

any man with a trimed beard and mustache is absolutely gorgeous. One of those long out of control facial things is disgusting. All I can think of is the food and spit hanging out in those rugs. I would never want to be kissed, with someone sporting that much hair off of his face.

How about us girls deciding we didn't need to shave our legs, ....lets just grow it out and see how long it gets! OH GOD! DOES THAT SOUND CRAZY? SO DOES WHAT YOU ARE PROPOSING.

I love ZZ Top ....but not their facial hair!

r.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

How about I go a little shorter like this guy?

Would this make you girls happy?

• okie46
    okie46

I looked at your pic and bet you could carrry the zz top look okay if that is what you and the wife like. Not my personal preference for beards but it is all about you baby.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

My wife is not totally in favor of this, hence the bet. She would prefer I would stop at about Charles Russell's beard length. So far my beard has never been longer than a half inch (1.25 CM for you metric people out there).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit