HOW MANY ARE LEAVING?

by zev 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Pachemu Nyet
    Pachemu Nyet

My 'day job' moved me from the USA to Kiev, Ukraine, an area of the so-called 'big increase' for the Watchtower. I've lived here 4+ years now.

What's really odd, is that in the time that I've been here, I've only seen 2 JW's out in street witnessing. Today, was the second time I've seen any preaching here, this time, it was in the Metro (subway system) . An older 'brother' with the magazines in Russian. There is no ban on witnessing here, so.... where are they? My business partner, a native here that lives outside of Kiev in a small village of 'Hneden' (Russian for 'Eden', like the garden) said they come by all the time. I find that amazing. His family even studied with them for a few weeks but quickly could see through it, so, NOT ALL in Ukraine are taking the bait. The Russian Orthodox Church has the monopoly on religion here. There are a LOT of the Mormon boys walking around but that's about it.

The other time I sensed the Watchtowers 'presences' was when I went to my girlfriends home for borsch (beet root soup) and as she's heating it up in the kitchen, I see two tracts on the table. Both printed in Italy. I asked her where they came from and she said someone on the street 'gave them to her Granny but they don't read that stuff'. Smart girl!!!! It was still a bit uncanny seeing them there in her house. I balled them up and threw them in the trash.

The REAL religion here is astrology due to the fact of former Communist suppresion. After you meet someone, the second quesiton is, 'What's your sign?' Like I really care but it's just a conversation point with these folks.

As for increase, I don't see it here. Just one old timer that I've seen hanging on since they have no idea where to go or what to do. The Watchtower has left these poor folks an empty shell of human beings.

• Pachemu Nyet
    Pachemu Nyet

This is the 'lone brother' in the Metro, Vladislav. I told him his tie was 'groovy'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit