What Kinds of Weird Things were you banned from or not allowed as a child?

by mama1119 63 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

I remember the candy bar ordeal when I was a kid. Even as a child I could see how irrational this was. Wasn't there also a letter writing campaign to the manufactures to get them to remove blood from the candy bars?

For me no at school freinds I could also tell the other kid parents felt for me. As they would make special efforts to include me, they would even call my parents to ask if I could attend after school functions, Hayrides, Scouts, Ball games, and partys. My school was small 1-12 had only 300 pupils.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    Time to try out Boo-Berry or Count Chocula

If you value your family's sanity and well being I would strongly advise against this course of action. lol

POPEYE was considered too violent.

After the "Thriller " video----anything Michael Jackson

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I grew up in a family with a non-JW father and a cowardly JW mother. So we got to do everything forbidden to JWs and blame it on our non-JW father.

So many "gnat" things the rank and file focus on...like you would lose your eternal life because you ate Count Chocula but not because you slandered another JW at the KH.

Blondie

• inthelibraryagain
    inthelibraryagain

One elder commented about a poster he found in my closet while doing some repairs. It was the Beatles Revolver album and had a few naked pics of John Lennon on it. Hmmm good thing he didn't dig around in the shoe box and find my reefer.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Scully,

We never had "fun" cereal in the house like Lucky Charms, Count Chocula, or BooBerry.

I steered my kids away from them for the reason that actually made sense to me: "We wear those colors, dear, we don't eat them."

GentlyFeral

• inthelibraryagain
    inthelibraryagain

My dad thought Madonna was the devil incarnate but he would let me listen to all this drug-induced hippie music. I guess since it was the "oldies" it was so much more appropriate for a jw.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Speaking of the national anthem: it has four verses and an amazing history

GentlyFeral

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Bought a t-shirt for the local 'cool' station(that I didn't even like-so I don't know what my motivation was!), wore it to the short lived youth WT study and was counseled-along with my friend who was an elders daughter, that "wearing KZOK on (our) shirts was not giving honor to Jehovah."

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hey, the Brady's were widowed. You were totally screwed on that one!

Shelly-who still thinks Peter is the cute one

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Those elders wives who saw evil toys running around her kids room? Parents might have been better served to give you the toy and keep you away from the insane JW woman!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit