Do You Like Your Given Name?

by Outaservice 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I would change mine to Hecubus or Caligula

Hey worldy andre, You should change your name to Nigel or Gaylord.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have always hated my names.

My second name was a multi-syllabic biblical homosexual character, (not that I have anything against my gay mates, but my parents certainly do!!!!) and that was the name I was known by for many years.

I changed from using that name when we moved countries, but I still have a handfull of multi-syllabic names that are guaranteed not to fit in the space provided in any forms I have ever had to fill out.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yes, I like my name, and wouldn't change it.

After 47 years of being called Linda, it would be kind of difficult to get used to anything else anyway

• Moomin
    Moomin

I like my real name, its quite common but I like it. My mum was going to call me Rachel or Roxanna instead but my dad said no. I was a bit gutted as I would have love to have been called Roxy.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I like my name 'Ian', but even that was too long for some of the kids at school. They called me 'E'!, as in "Hya E, how ya doin'?"

Interestingly, 'Ian' is Scottish for 'John'.

Ian

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

No.

I don't acknowledge anyone who calls me by my full name (I have warned them that I won't though!) I 'm ok with the shorter version though.

My full name ends with an 'a' and my dad's comment that "all witches names end in 'a'" still rings in my head - like, thanks a lot for destroying every ounce of my self-esteem ya b******d

Gee, I found that little vent very therapeutic!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Emo,

Erm, what is your real name - shortened version, of course? As we're meeting up over a curry it would be good to know you better. You can pm me if you prefer - in the utmost confidence!

like, thanks a lot for destroying every ounce of my self-esteem ya b******d

Yep, I identified with that statement. I've forgiven my dad - God I wish he were now - but my childhood was filled with despair. Parents don't realise how much a tiny soul can be crushed by just a few words. I've been told I should write a book about my life, but I just don't know. Much pain!!

Love,

Ian

• integ
    integ

Yes! I like my real name, which is:

Roger Snyder.

• stillajwexelder
  • Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre
    Hey worldy andre, You should change your name to Nigel or Gaylord.

HA HA HA

Arthur your so funny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit