Do You Like Your Given Name?

by Outaservice 32 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

I like my name. There were's any other Gary's in my school class . . . but then I was the only boy in the class. Me and Rose and Penny. The kids in school had fun with disrespecting my last name . . . calling me Bessy, and other names. That all stopped when I got to be 6 feet tall in the 7th grade. Then I had fun with their heads against the first base tree trunk.
    I narrowly missed being named Clark after my mother's favorite movie actor Clark Gable. My dad's sister named her son Clark before I was born. I was named after the movie star, Gary Cooper.
    I lived a conflicted childhood. My dad wouldn't say "shit" if he had a mouth full, and the guy I was named after shot baby ducks in the movies.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I love my first name, don;t care for my middle name, and hate my lat name only because I hyphinated when I got amrried and it is a pain in the ass now.

• Gregor
    Gregor

When I was 'in the oven' my Dad, whose fave book was "Last of theMohicans" decided to name me Lightfoot. Seriously. He and Mom went around and around with this until he relented. He had read a Russian novel and the main character was Gregor. I like it well enough and so does my junior.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit