Do You Like Your Given Name?

by Outaservice 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

The Bible attaches importance to your name. Do you like yours? If not, what would you like to change it to?

I always hated mine! 'Outaservice Smith'. The kids all made fun of me in school. And it was hard to be 'in service' on Saturday morning.

Outaservice

• JH
    JH

Yes, I love mine.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I chose the name, Catfish, myself. Of course I like it.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I LOVE mine.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I hated my birth name. My whole life I hated it. One time I moved to a new school and tried to use my second name but it didn't feel right so I gave up on that pretty quick

When I left the JWs and went to college I started using a shorter version of my name. I love it. I love it so much that in 2001 I had my name legally changed to Lee - I'm now Legally Lee. Hmmmmm maybe that should be my ID here

I even have a new birth certificate and a legal name change certificate that I carry for legal reasons.

I also got remarried and changed the last name so I'm a whole new me that feels good about the names I have

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I love my given name. But I rarely go by it because it is really long and a little unusual. I go by all kinds of nicknames. All my life people have given me nick names and they just stick. I have nick names at work as well. Julie the Cruise Director, Drink Vixen #1, Captain Team Liquid Valium. What can I say, we are a social group and I love putting things together after work. Kind of like Alley McBeal (really it is, there is a bar and there use to be singing but they did away w/ that)

• earthtone
    earthtone

I LOVE my name.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I would change mine to Hecubus or Caligula

• nsrn
    nsrn

I like the way my Dad says my name, sort of minimizes the second 'N' (may just be the dentures talkin') And I LOVE my middle name, except when my mother uses it in conjunction with my first name . Then it means I'm being scolded. Remember, my mom broke her shoulder 4 weeks ago and I'm still camping on their couch. I'm 44 going on 15 when I'm in their house!

• Arthur
    Arthur

I like mine. It's not a very common name; so it's kind of neat that there aren't a lot of people with my name everywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit