Remember the Written Review

by 30girl 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 30girl
    30girl

What exactly was the purpose of the Written Review? It was extremely helpful that the Society warned you on the calendars which night you had to skip... We had those boards that they passed out so you had a good writing surface, often covered with Witness grafiti like, Jesus or Jehovah or something biblical. Remember the little grading sheet on the back; Excellent, Very Good, Good -- was there a Poor? I often wondered, did they intend to have us turn these in & who's going to grade this anyway? I always changed my answers as we were correcting, I mean "going over" the review. Did anyone have Bro. Completely Correct answer? You know, the brother who says, "that's right Johnny but..." and then drags it out longer to get the exact answer from the answer key he's holding.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Did anyone have Bro. Completely Correct answer? You know, the brother who says, "that's right Johnny but..." and then drags it out longer to get the exact answer from the answer key he's holding.

Our hall is full of Br. Completely Correct Answer types. Anything so you can make the poor guy who answered before you look like a schmuck for not parroting the line as was written in the literature.

All these years I looked forward to the review. What a goof. The Corporation must test the Peddlers on the Product, right?

• mama1119
    mama1119

I loved the writen review, just keep your eyes on your paper, do a little doodling, no boring talks to listen too for a while, and then just fill in the correct answer as they were called. I rarely got any correct on my own. I loved when people would so confidently answer a question and be shot down with a "no, that is not correct, anyone else." Did elders have a cheat sheet. I bet they did.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I hated those. Now they have the "Oral Review" which sounds pretty erotic to me. I think at one point they actually did turn in the reviews.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

As a kid what I thought was kooky, was we all had the same "level" of testing. A youngster in elementary school took the same "test" as a senior citizen. And all in between.

Nitwits!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

OH MY GOD I totally remember Written Review, Although I was a kid last time I went to one, they did it on thursday nights right? I remember my mom would get really freaked out to get all the questions right, funny I don't know how many other religions would test their followers to see how much under control they are.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I remember the Written Review. Ya mean they don't still have those? We had to hand ours in and the school conductor corrected them and gave a grade. They were all about doctrine that's since been changed.
    I had to hand it to em. They figured out a way to make a bad meeting worse. That had to have been a challenge.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My friend and I had a system. She'd answer the even questions and I'd get the odd. No one could figure out how we got done so quick. We had it down to a science!

shelley

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

I'd skip right from the "True/False" section to the "match the scripture" section and then go back to the multiple choice stuff and fill in the blank questons. I dont think I ever got one of the essay questions right....

The only thing it ever taught me was that I had retained nothing from the past few months.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Any one still have a copy of one, if so can you scan and post on here?

I think the last time I saw one I was about 13, so as an adult it would be interesting to see the stupid questions they ask.

True or false and multiple choice questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit