Remember the Written Review

by 30girl 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

No dont run away, I havent shown you my biro collection yet....

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I found the written review for just after the 1914 generation change made in November 1995.

Guess what????????????????

No questions on that subject.

My father still doesn't know of the change and I have not attempted to enlighten him.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Garybuss wrote

They figured out a way to make a bad meeting worse

I couldn't agree more.

• Moomin
    Moomin

Was this a yearly thing? I was attending from March to December and I never did a written review. Maybe it was an oral review and I didn't notice or maybe I wasn't there that night.

I missed a Thursday meeting once due to my lack of communication skills and couldn't get a lift. I thought it was no big deal as I had pre-studied anyway. My study conductor was really annoyed and she kept talking about the all things I could've and should've done to get there. As she never reacted like that at any other time it made me wonder if I had done something wrong and the special needs talk was about me :( or maybe it was this review thing. Did they give it a lot of importance then?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I also remember having to turn the written review back into the conductor. Then he would hand them back at the next meeting with the score at the top. He would even mentioned the highest score although he didn't give a name. I never minded them because I did a lot of studying back in those days and usually scored quite well.

• The Mayor of Turiwhate
    The Mayor of Turiwhate

I remember when it was popularly referred to as the 'Rotten Review".

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101
    remember when it was popularly referred to as the 'Rotten Review".

The world over lol. I actually enjoyed a break from the norm, but i'd have to put my hand up to get a sheet and pen as i'd not checked it was the written review night!

Usually got a little over half right, and rarely finished in time.

Thank you for the happy memorries (happy in that I dont have to do it anymore!)

CS 101

• Balsam
    Balsam

OMG I can remember trying to put a fun spin those darn written reviews for my boys as they were growing up and they thought I was out of my friggin mind. Well OK I was for sure nuttier than last years fruit cake. LOL I do remember as my boys were teenagers thinking oh than goodness written review night I can chill and not think for a few minutes. LOL

Balsam

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings 30girl

:What exactly was the purpose of the Written Review?

Just another invention used to torture the dingleberry laden sheep.

You mentioned they handed out "boards" to write on. WOW! I remember being privileged enough to hand those out,and then collect them at the end. "Hey look at me, I get to hand out, and collect the Written Review Boards, are my brains showing yet". Funny how watchtower printed those things (the dreadful written reviews) on what seemed to be recycled toilet tissue.

Dismembered

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

For those who don't know:....

....dingleberry = fartleberry

I hope that helps

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit