Why does LOVE hurt so bad ?

by oldflame 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    It worked ! I won the Girl ! She told me not to worry that it is all good with us and we are going to enjoy our lives together.

Woo, it's party time - but Emo's counsel is sound!

Ian

• luna2
    luna2

Hey, a happy ending! Excellent! Hope things continue to improve in your relationship, oldflame!

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((Old Flame)))))

Buddy, I am sorry to hear that your new relationship didn't work out. Ain't love a bitch? Still, I want to encourage you to keep trying. The right woman for you is out there. Don't give up hope on finding her.

You have my cell phone number. Call me if you need to talk about it.

Much love,

Robyn

• Mary
    Mary
    She says I know I am only fooling myself and she told me how sorry she was for hurting me. We are going to try to work this out and I am going to be patient with her. It worked ! I won the Girl ! She told me not to worry that it is all good with us and we are going to enjoy our lives together.

OF, while I'm very, very happy that things seems to be working out, please, PLEASE do not get your hopes up too much just yet. I don't mean to sound like a downer (cause I know you're on a high right now), but she has alot of issues to deal with and that's not going to change over night. If you can be there with her, maybe suggest that she get counselling, etc. then I really, truly hope that it all works out for you. Just be careful right now with your emotions and don't throw caution to the wind.......take it slow and be prepared for some rough roads ahead.

I really, really hope it all works out for you.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((old flame))))))

So I try show her how not all men are like that and that there are men in the world who really do respect women and cherish every one of them and it seems your making head way and you begin to feel like finally someone in your life whom you can really enjoy a life with, and then what happens ? They go back to the looser abusive drunk ! Man this shit hurts like a hurt never before. I got a very deep feeling for this woman and she knows who I am and what I am. A genuine man who has values and a very deep passion when it comes to relationships.

I feel that if your a looser your the winner, it always goes that way and I don't understand why ? Maybe some of you woemn here on the board can explain to me why is this. Why does the perfect woman always fall for the loosers ? Why is it that a real ladies man never gets the gift of love ? That's all I want in life is too love someone for the rest of my life but it seems like a very long road that never ends.. Someone please help me to understand this before it is too late !

Any woman worth her weight in gold would not pick a sick man to be with, and then when she figures out how sick he is stay with him or worse yet got back with him. You dodged a bullet oldflame!

On the other hand if I were you I would look at this as a chance to examine myself and figure out why I was attracted to a woman who is emotionally sick. What is it about me that finds an emotionally sick person as someone acceptable and valuable in my life?

If you feel the need to have a fixer-upper in your life better that it be an inanimate object like a car or house than a person. You CAN fix a car or a house and it will stay that way and go along willingly, and the satisfaction you'll receive will be tremendous. A person is a different story, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. There is no satisfaction in trying to get a person to change, re-examine your bolded words above and remember how that felt, how hard you worked on her and ask yourself if you really want a life time of THAT?! Where was the satisfaction in that hard work?

The words you don't want to hear really are; it begins within you. Fix you then you'll be more apt to find a quality person who can appreciate YOU!

I would count my blessings if I were you oldflame, this is a wake up call to do some work on yourself.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Well we drove down to Konocti Bay (Clear Lake) And seen Lynyrd Skynyrd. I paid for her daughter and her daughters boyfriend to go with us. Not only was it a good show but we got to talk a lot too. Yes we are going to take our time while in this process.

Bikerchic,

Have you ever met someone that just made your heart pound right out of your chest ? Thats the way it is when I am around her. She tickles me in ways I have never been tickled. No I am not going to let this one slip away, I have done that in the past.

I can only say this because of this board and the members especially the women here helped me to understand some things about women who are involved or was involed in a abusive relationship. We need you gals here and some of us need you more, and I for one am mighty grateful for you ladies. Thank You...................................................Your all beautiful

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Old Flame, of course I want to see everyone find love and be happy. What you say of your lady makes me think of this old song though. She seems torn between two lovers. If she is truly addicted to her former lover, she will bounce back and forth between you like a ping pong ball. And your heart pounding out of your chest, well it sounds like you are also in danger of addiction. Read these lyrics. They might help you see what is going on with your lady.

Torn Between Two Lovers

Mary MacGregor

There are times when a woman has to say what's on her mind

Even though she knows how much it's gonna hurt

Before I say another word let me tell you I love you

Let me hold you close and say these words as gently as I can

There's been another man that I've needed and I've loved

But that doesn't mean I love you less

And he knows you can't possess me and he knows he never will

There's just this empty place inside of me that only he can fill

CHORUS

Torn between two lovers, feelin' like a fool

Lovin' both of you is breakin' all the rules

Lovin' you both is breakin' all the rules

Torn between two lovers, feelin' like a fool

You mustn't think you've failed me just because there's someone else

You were the first real love I ever had

And all the things I ever said, I swear they still are true

For no one else can have the part of me I gave to you

CHORUS

I couldn't really blame you if you turned and walked away

But with everything I feel inside, I'm asking you to stay

CHORUS
    Torn between two lovers

FADE

Feelin' like a fool
    Lovin' both of you is breakin' all the rules
  • In Between
    In Between

Maybe I should post a thread about who and how I was hurt and the ladies here can help me too ...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I say go for it. I think everyone needs to know...but that is just me...

Just copy it to me before it gets yanked...lol

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Old Flame,

I'm sorry, I didn't see your thread until this morning. I'd offer my sympathy and sage advice but it looks like you may have it worked out. I'm glad to know you two are going to give it a try. Just remember one thing, communication. Its the only way to make any relationship work. It does need two, though, but sounds like she's talking, so you may be set.

Good luck to you.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit