not since Harding

by teejay 104 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

up..........

• teejay
    teejay

Yo, Black Man, glad you did the "up," other wise I woulda missed your note!

What WAS/IS his weakness is his personal judgment.

No excuse from here. I just wish that one, he was sneakier like kennedy, and two, he had better taste like... well... like kennedy.

I am NO fan of George Dubya, but I feel he's done alright during this crisis. It's too early to judge the efficiency of his presidency. I think you need at LEAST 2 years for that.

Yeah, you're right. But you can get a whiff of what a man's all about pretty early. Bush... well... I've thumped his ass enough already, so I'll let what I've already said about his sorry ass speak for itself.

Dubya's presidency is more of a presidency-by-committee type deal to me. While Clinton was outstanding; his overall staff to me didn't blaze any trails. Dubya has a more distinguished and rounded out cabinet. So yeah...he can be somewhat of an idiot but combine the peeps around him, you MAY have the makings of a great PRESIDENCY (not a great president, but a great PRESIDENCY).

It IS a bit hard coming up with a name from the Clinton Administration, no doubt. But then, like a man recently referred to Clinton as the Michael Jordan of politics, it's hard to even CARE about lesser lights when you have the master to look at. Ya feel me? Clinton was a bad mofo, although today on TV he looked old for the first time. Why don't y'all up in Harlem leave the man alone, let him get some rest... god, he looked bad. No joke.

As far as Bush and his staff... well... you know... SOMEBODY better be distinguished. As far as his Presidency, I don't know. Presidents who are in office during times of war don't fare well in subsequent elections (darn!), unless they win big. I saw a report today that the U.S. and Britain were planning for a ten-year-war. So, we'll see...

Another observation, and don't get me wrong on this. Clinton was one of the most outstanding presidential speakers far surpassing Dubya. But I think Bush is a lot better and way more personable one-on-one.

I've heard that, too, and believe it to be true. Look, I don't mean to say that he's a bad guy. I just think you could pick somebody off the street to be prez and do better than him. I really believe that.

Is he getting better? Well, hell, if you hire an incompetent person for any job but tutor him 24/7 by smart, experienced people, he's bound to make improvements.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Me, too... I guess. I mean... do I have a choice? I suppose I could leave the country...

I don't have time to get into detailed accomplishments and failures of the two, but those are my casual observations.

I did a tolerable job of that already, eh? I WOULD like to read your personal thoughts when you get the chance, though. Not enough time now, huh? Are you trying to say that you have a life or something?

Peace,
    tj

• Black Man
    Black Man

TJ said:

"No excuse from here. I just wish that one, he was sneakier like kennedy, and two, he had better taste like... well... like kennedy."

Say...word. You're on-point with this one. Kennedy had my respect instantly by bedding the lovely Marilyn. Clinton's picks just lacked that....oh....how can I say it....luster. I kind of wonder how it would have been IF Kennedy were president now. Could he cover up his illicit trysts like he was able to back in the 60's?

• teejay
    teejay

Yo, Broham... did you see her in that dr e ss , singing happy birthday thataway? Oh my googly goo!! Definitely had the "luster," definintely had the luster, the luster in full effect.

As far as covering his tracks like he did then? Well... you know. Folks back then knew, just didn't tell. Good ol' boys, post-war machismo, Father Knows Best, all that.... Today, he'd be run out of town on a rail. But only after eight years in office. And then Jackie would run for a senate seat in New York, and then...

holla

• larc
    larc

Guys,

I guess women view adultry differently than men do. My wife has voted Democrate in every Presidential election since the age of 25. She will be 60 next month. She had great admiration for Clinton when he first took office. She now considers him to be a scum bag. Of course, she is a sample of one, so I don't know if she is representative of other women who are Democrats ideologically.

Perhaps we could get some other women's thoughts on this subject.

Perhaps Chris Rock was right when he said, "Men are as faithful as their options." What do you think teejay and black man?

• Black Man
    Black Man

Larc said:

"Perhaps Chris Rock was right when he said, "Men are as faithful as their options." What do you think teejay and black man?"

Yo...you got cool-points for quoting the Rock-Man, Larc. Actually, there's probably a lot of truth to that. To a certain degree we ARE dogs. We can LOVE our wives or girlfriends BUT there is always that little piece of machismo in us that sort of yearns for something new and exciting. I'm sure its even more intense IF you're the most powerful man in the free-world....I'm sure there are a bevy of women just willing to throw themselves at you. I think it would be hard for ANY man to resist the type of A-List women that you could bed in the position of being president. I was reading one of the Kennedy biographies and it showed pics of women that he allegedly knocked-boots with and they were ALL FINE. If I was Kennedy, I think Jackie would have been able to keep my interest enough to keep my fidelity. She was a fine-ass specimen of a woman (charm, grace, model-like features, style)......

Clinton coulda done a whole lot better with his selection. Monica Lewinsky? Jennifer Flowers? ****gag****. When its all said and done I think a GOOD NUMBER of these politicians are infidels. Clinton just got caught with his pants down.

• larc
    larc

Black Man,

I have a book I would recommend that you read, as well as a book that every man and woman in this country should read. It is called, "A Complete Guide to Guys" by Dave Barry. He writes a syndicated humor column that appears in a lot of Sunday papers. His humor and insight is outstanding. He makes these books about men, like Men Are From Mars, etc., look like trash. Believe me, you and your main squeeze will both like it. His book won't get you off the hook for the dumb shit you have done, but at least your lady will better understand why you do the dumb shit that you do, not just in the sex arena, but in every aspect of your life.

• larc
    larc

Well,

I guess we are leaving the subject of Presidents and turning to the subject of human sexuality. What to men go for? Tits and ass, and hope that the woman has a modicum of brains. What do women go for? Security. Someone who can protect them and the nest they build for the children that come along. That is why women are attracted to powerful or rich men like rock stars, politicians, and athletes. You might have noticed that all of (tits and ass) Marilyn Manroe's husbands and lovers were rich and powerful men. Joe Dimaggio, Miller, the playwright, and the two Kennedy boys.

Look at Mick Jagger. One of the ugliest men that ever lived. I doubt if he had any problems getting women. Think about it ladies and gentlemen.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Larc said:

"Security. Someone who can protect them and the nest they build for the children that come along. That is why women are attracted to powerful or rich men like rock stars, politicians, and athletes."

Valid point my man.....valid point.

"Look at Mick Jagger. One of the ugliest men that ever lived. I doubt if he had any problems getting women."

Mick Jagger, Lyle Lovette, Steven Tyler. The list goes on and on.

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, Larc

I guess women view adultry differently than men do. My wife has voted Democrate in every Presidential election since the age of 25... She had great admiration for Clinton when he first took office. She now considers him to be a scum bag... I don't know if she is representative of other women who are Democrats

I don't think your wife is representative of most women who vote Democrat. I'd guess, judging from the reaction the man still gets, the majority of women view Clinton as no worse than any other politician. As Black Man already mentioned, there's a pretty widespreaed view that all politicians cheat on their wives; the conservatives in Washington just made a big deal out of Clinton's. I think they also held it against him that they were trolls. <gag>

Perhaps Chris Rock was right when he said, "Men are as faithful as their options."

I'm with Black Man again -- you get major kudos for even knowing who Chris Rock IS! Way to go, Larcky Lark!!

As far as what he said, you have to watch Rock... he's a lot wiser than he oughta be for his age. He's got a point about most men. Most of us (them) are still pretty low on the evolutionary scale, but you must admit that the idea of being married to the same woman for 50 years is a bit ludicrous and insanely dull. Most men get try to get away with as much as they can.

What to men go for? Tits and ass, and hope that the woman has a modicum of brains.

I'm a booty man, myself, but I won't hold it against her (maybe I WILL!!!) if she has some nice breastisses. I've always likened a physically attractive woman to getting an invitation to a party. I'm initially interested, but unless there's something else there to hold my attention, I will loose interest pretty quick no matter how fine she is.

Personally, I prefer a very smart woman who has intelligent views on a wide range of subjects. I like to debate (betcha didn't know that), and I love it when a woman holds her own in a stimulating conversation. And if she boxes me in... whew!! MAJOR TURN-ON. But still, she has to be a babe. Weight is not a problem, as long as she's fit. Race isn't an issue, either, although my faves are latino and black women... something with a little spice, ya know what I'm sayin'?!!

What do women go for? Security. Someone who can protect them and the nest they build for the children that come along.

Women are more materialistic, way more spoiled (like little kids) than men because they want THINGS in addition to a home for their babies. A woman is much more likely to give a man a shot if she thinks he has money. That's why men work so hard, have such an interest in making money. If men were left to their own interests, we'd be happy majoring in Art or the Humanities, or Music or some shit like that -- something that we were interested in, something that was fun to study. They'd be perfectly happy sitting at home, watching sports, drinking a beer. Instead, because we want to catch a fine babe, we take courses that lead to good jobs, to good money, to "good" babes. Your example of Jagger is a good example, representative of MANY situations where the woman is more interested in the money than the man.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Black Man,

I was reading one of the Kennedy biographies and it showed pics of women that he allegedly knocked-boots with and they were ALL FINE.

Hahahahahahaha!!!! The man had the right stuff, eh, Black Man?!! I guess he figured, "if I'm gonna cheat, I might as well do it right." I read something once that in the White House, a reporter was waiting for the elevator and when the door opened, two totally nude, knock-out blondes where in there giggling like crazy. He told them he'd wait for the "next one" and the door closed. They disappeared. Damn. Can you imagine?

Peace, y'all,
    tj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit