not since Harding

by teejay 104 Replies latest jw friends

• bigboi
    bigboi
    I'm with Black Man again -- you get major kudos for even knowing who Chris Rock IS! Way to go, Larcky Lark!!

Nah he doesn't. Every white person knows who Chris Rock is. That's like knowing who Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy is. Now, if he knew who Robin Harris was, then he'd get props.

As far chicks are concerned, I'm an ass, eyes, tits and print man myself. They don't have to possess all those attributes, two will do just fine.

ONE....

bigboi

"life's a bitch a with a g-string and a twelve pack of Busch."

• larc
    larc

OK teejay,

Do you know who Paul Lawrence Dundbar is? (without doing a computer search)

• larc
    larc

Opps,

My last post should have been directed at bigboi. I read the posts too quickly. By the way, Black Man and teejay you should look into Paul Lawrence Dunbar if you haven't already. The man is very inspiring.

Teejay,

I do agree with you. A woman has to have brains. My wife is a very smart woman and life has never been boring with her. Her conversations continue to be interesting after 38 years of marriage.

Well heck,

I'll save you all some time, re: Dunbar. Go to: > http://www.udayton.edu/~dunbar

• bigboi
    bigboi

Larc:

Paul Lawrence Dunbar was a black poet(laureate?) who lived in the ealy part of the twentieth century. I believe he was a part of the Harlem Renaissance, though I'm not certain. I do know that the house he bought for himself is now a museum. So does that answer your question?

ONE....

bigboi

• larc
    larc

bigboi,

Not bad. You should go to the web site I put put - very interesting material.

I don't know what the Harlem Renaisance was, but if was composed of artists living in Harlem, he wasn't in it. That's not where he lived as you will see from the web site.

• bigboi
    bigboi

Larc:

Well, he wasn't a part of the Harlem Renaissance. He was already dead when it started. He was probably an influence though. I've never read anything by him. I'll look at the rest of that website later. Thanks for the link.

ONE....

bigboi

• Black Man
    Black Man

Larc:
    Dude......you da' man. P.L.B. is one of my fav poets. He came along well before the Harlem Renaissance and died WAY before his time. I think he was only in his early 30's when he died in the early 1900's. I think my favorite book from him was "Lyrics of a Lowly Life". He was way ahead of time because he could talk in the language of a scholar but still talk in negro slave-speak. MAJOR FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH. He was a dope poet.....

• Black Man
    Black Man

up........

• Black Man
    Black Man

A thread on "Great American Presidents & What Made Them Great" probably needs to be started. I'd bet that would stimulate some fascinating convo.....

• teejay
    teejay

It might be interesting, but first you have to define what it is that makes a president "good." Kennedy was popular -- folks fell in love with his wife and family,too -- but aside from talking tough to Kruschev, he didn't do much for the country.

Clinton did a lot of good, very persuasive with his agenda, but is villified by many people. I think the same can be said for Nixon, to tell you the truth.

So before any such discussion began, you'd have to set some parameters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit