Remember those toolbox-like briefcases some of the brothers had?

by WingCommander 47 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Makes you wonder what they were learning at the KH?

Blondie

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Ok guys, I was guilty. Had the mongo box thingy. I was the School overseer, the territory servant and School overseer. I was seeing over everything till I saw through it. No white sox. The P.O. counsled me once on not wearing a new suit. This he said to a pioneer who was working part time and hardly able to make ends meet. He of course was a janitor extroidenaire with six employess and shopped at Macys. A.Hole. I hated lugging that thing, but it was very functional for me at the time. Its in the closet here somewhere storing old letters and crap.

I had a service bag and the big one for the Kingdom Haul.

W.Once

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    Ok guys, I was guilty. Had the mongo box thingy.

Wasanelder, ever consider getting it bronzed?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

This pioneer family in my hall each have their own individual briefcase that they have to wheel in for every meeting. The father has the very same toolbox/briefcase that was described at the outset. It's a pain for the mic runners. But he and his family are master salespersons, so I guess they just need more room for the product.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yeah, I had one. Carried all my committee stuff around, plus any publications I might need for the meeting. Also had one of those with the spring hinge. It got to where it would snap closed on my wrist like a clam when I reached into it.

Virgochik - Great sketch of your Dad and the status things, suit, tie, big briefcase, etc. I think it gratified the self image of the majority of small town elders.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I know one elder who took his to work. I don't know why. Everyone in the office use to say that he thinks his management, walking around with that large thing. To annoy him, I hid it one morning, it took him hours to find it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The plastic covers and organizers are still to be had. For the JW in the know, we have.... www.mckennabookcovers.com

Virgochik, this is so poignant:

Yep. I remember. My Dad would come home from his greasy, grimy factory job, shower, and put on a suit and tie. He shined his new Florsheim shoes with the tassles, and proudly carried his official elder brief case into the Hall, setting it down by his seat. This let everybody know, someone important was sitting there. Suddenly he was transformed from a lowly factory worker, into someone important! To all outward appearances, he was a well to do businessman, maybe an attorney with files to take to a meeting.

I recognize that man. How hard he tries...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yes I remember them. Most of the elders had them, and some of the servants as well. They never seemed to have much in them though, or at least they never took much out. I suppose it made them feel important, even if they weren't.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I just had the requisite boring and black book bag. No excitement here; except the day I threw it away!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I dont know what yall talking about. When you had one of them samsonite suitcases that ment you were the sh*!. No ordinary witness could have one of those babies. when you came into the hall with one of those people had to reconize you were the man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit