Remember those toolbox-like briefcases some of the brothers had?

by WingCommander 47 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I had one. Nothing like bringing both Insight volumes and the large reference bible to the meeting!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Are you guys talking about a "Captains bag"? That's what my husband called them. They're really called "catalog cases". They even come with wheels now! Whoohoo!

This one even holds a laptop. A must for the techy dubs.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

ah dude! this cracks me up... we had an elder in our congregation who inherited his briefcase from his father. It was revolting! it was this old fashioned briefcase sort of triangle in shape and it was fur! and it was all mangy due to its age. and bits of it was always falling out....

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Hey Dude,

They were the best, held everything you can imagine for everyone in the family. Hey, its not the fault of the brother, he was expected to have all those publications at each meeting and if you had a couple kids you put there stuff in there too. Only a salesman's sample case could possibly hold all that without breaking.

Never really considered what it look like to those who didn't have one, I just new it was convienant to have a bag that could carry all that nonsense.

OC

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

They kinda looked like an over sized old school doctor house call bag.

When I was a kid mine was the complete opposite. It was one of those single compartment bags with the metal spring hinges that would kind of stay open when you opened it up. Kinda like 2 pieces of pleather sewn together with 2 skinny handles. I used to see how high I could throw it in the parking lot after the meeting and would get in trouble.

• VM44
    VM44

I remember brothers sitting in the isle seats in the Kingdom Halls with their brown satchel briefcases that opened at the top so that they could just reach in and pull the books and magazines out when they needed them.

Do they still make those?

--VM44

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes I do..The same guy`s had pocket protectors,with all the different coloured pens and a pencil..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

My husband managed to be an elder without one of those. He could never figure out what they put in there because they rarely pulled anything out but a Bible and a songbook. They could not be put in the aisles because they snagged up the microphone wires. Then they got wireless mikes but the mike handlers were tripping over the bags. All that stuff and they never had the current school schedule, WT reader schedule, hall cleaning schedule, phone numbers of the rank and file/elders, public talk schedule, etc. He was always pulling it out of his nice, sleek binder. I considered it like those scripture carrying cases the Pharisees wore and the one with the biggest was the closest to God.

Blondie

• Nina
    Nina
    Only an obsessed maniac would actually lug that 40 lbs bookbag around

You could be right about that...

After the meeting a sister happened to glance down as she passed one of those briefcases left next to an aisle seat, and what did she see inside? Three handguns. The sister quietly conveyed the information to a brother, he informed the elders, the elders informed the owner of the briefcase that handguns were not permitted in the Kingdom Hall.

Brother Briefcase claimed the guns were not all his, that one belonged to his (baptized) wife and one to his 14 year old daughter. He said they needed the guns in case a certain (baptized) member of his wife's family appeared.

Love's excelling way...

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

WTF???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit