How do you answer this question??

by LuciousJ 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi M*A*S*H

What a brilliant answer, I could really picture it. Thanks for that it had me in stitches.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I always say I don't belong to a religion, but I consider myself Christian.

This is pretty much how I answer the question, but depending on the circumstances and who's doing the asking, I will add that I used to be a JW for 30 years; finally woke up and realized it was a cult---and now I am content with still reading the bible and learning how to be a real Christian now.

So far, this answer has worked out fairly well for me.

• Asheron
    Asheron

I answer that I am an Agnostic Skeptic and a practicing Humanist. If they are still there after that answer than maybe..just maybe... I can have a further discussion on what that means. I truly hate labels and I get tired of the human species need to always classify and "herd-ise" everyone. When we label ourselves or allow others to do so we self limit our own capabilities.

Did I just go off on a tangent?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Christian. <------->
    garybuss: Peripheral Visionary works for me.
    ~Sue

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Nobody ever ask me what religion I am. Its not an issue, ever. Probably the only people that would ask you that would have alterior motives to convert you. In the 23 years I have been out of the organization no one has ever asked me that question. You need to become a new man and change your thinking. Most people out in the world are not thinking about religion, at least not as a jw does 24/7 they think about it maybe on Sunday, if they go to church

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    When someone's foolish enough to ask me what I do, I'll ask them, "DO about what?". They usually want to know how I make money. If that's what they want to know I'll ask them if they want to know how I make money. That sounds tacky but some still want to know so . . . I tell them I buy low and sell high.

I LOVE that answer!

About religion I tell people I used to be in a cult (and I dont want to talk about it) but now I have had a gutfull of religion and am not interested anymore.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I always say I don't belong to a religion, but I consider myself Christian.

That's like saying: "I don't have a job, I'm a teacher".

If someone asks me what religion I am, I simply tell them I'm not superstitious.

• penny2
    penny2

M*A*S*H that was very funny!!

No-one ever asks me the question, but if they did, I'd say I have no religion and no religious beliefs.

penny2

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

If people press, and some co-workers have out of curiosity, I tell them I was raised by wolves in the people-eating cult known as je---ah's witlesses and now i'm a religion-hating atheist. If you use this response, you will have to add, 'if you didn't want know you shouldn't have asked and by the way, can you help me find my lost puppy?'

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Why not just say you are a spiritual person or that you don't feel your faith can be confined/defined in concrete terms? No one has a right to pigeon hole you anyways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit