FLUFF- Whats your guilty pleasure song?

by Asheron 69 Replies latest jw friends

• karen96
    karen96

I don't know why I like some the old standards, they are before my time. But when I'm alone, I like "Since I fell for You" by Lenny Welch.

Karen

• done4good
    done4good

At the outset Asheron mentioned ELO. Yes.

Actually, I'm listening to Styx right now, on vinyl no less!

j

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Early Electric Light Orchestra was very good music and they weren't a mainstream band. Only cool people knew of them. Once they had some songs in the movie Xanadu, they started playing cheesier music. The latter would qualify more as guilty pleasure. Ever hear ELO's version of Roll Over Beethoven? In my opinion, it's the best version and the string arrangement is damn wicked.

• done4good
    done4good
    Ever hear ELO's version of Roll Over Beethoven? In my opinion, it's the best version and the string arrangement is damn wicked.

Yes. Excellent album (ELO II).

j

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Thunder AC/DC

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta, by the Geto boyz (remember office space)

Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit

Anything by Limp really, except the Fred and Staind stuff.

Youth of America, POD

Jesus Walks by Kanye West

Anything sung by dead prez

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    ELO's "Mr. Blue Sky"

Good song, but yes, not one that you advertise your like for, lol

Stop Draggin' my Heart Around - Tom Petty/Stevie Nicks. They played it like crazy on MTV back in the day, and I've always liked it.

I Can't Go for That - Hall and Oates - great song, with a great sax solo

Waitin' on a Friend - Rolling Stones - my sister can't believe that I like it. Great sax playing also.

Send Her My Love - Journey - it's just a good song dammit! Stop laughing!

Rise - Herb Alpert. You would know it if you heard it, it's been on heavy muzak rotation for years and years

Tusk - Fleetwood Mac - Lindsey Buckingham came up with some great, weird stuff

Take It on the Run - REO Speedwagon - they used to make fun of me when I was in the fifth grade because I was so geeked out about REO

Talk to ya Later - the Tubes

Stand Up and Shout - Dio - I love 80's metal, the real stuff, not the hair band shite

Aces High - Iron Maiden - see above

Calling All Angels - Train - slick, commercial, overwrought, and, i love it

• xjwms
    xjwms

I bought a ...Mario Frangoulis ... cd

and I can't stop repeating... "Night wants to forget"

and on the same cd... "Sometimes I dream"

I kinda have an internal anger thing going on.....I want to repeat the last 36 years of my life.

If I would just not got baptised and not let two well respected brothers influence my life.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Oh, I forgot one, which I sang on the way home tonight, "Dirty Diana" by Michael Jackson... yeah, he's a whacko but he can sing his arse off. I was singing with the windows down. Who cares?

DantheMan, I think that you and I could just trade iPods and be happy. I'm all about Dr. Dio. Holy Diver could be on repeat all day and I wouldn't care.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Okay, so I'm ashamed to admit this. BUT, in my defense, I had heard the song several times, and started to like it, before I found out who was singing it...

Paris Hilton's "Stars Are Blind"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit