by Asheron 69 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

erm........Tainted Love by Soft Cell

*dashes out in shame*

Dams

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

WAY too many guilty pleasure songs to count!

You're question reminded me of the scene in Tommy Boy where Chris Farley and David Spade are riding in the car and the Carpenter's "Don't You Remember You Told Me You Love Me Baby" comes on, and they just start looking at each other like, "How gay is this!" but agree to leave it on. Then the scene jumps ahead a minute or two and they are both singing the song at the top of their lungs and bawling their heads off!! What made the scene great is that we've all been there.

That having been said, my JW son in law and I were in a local bar one morning about 1 am, and the place was packed with 20-somethings. All of a sudden the bartender throws Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" into the sound system, and EVERYONE in the bar sang along. It was too cool, and my SIL went home and downloaded the sheet music the next day. There's a guilty pleasure for you.

And I also agree, Marvin Gaye could never be a guilty pleasure. His music is great.

S4

• damselfly
    damselfly

*dashes back in*

Neil Diamond is the man. I may know all the words to all his songs.

Dams

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

#1) "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf

#2) "One of these Nights" by the Eagles #3) "Renegade" by the Styx #4) "Angry Eyes" by Loggins and Messina (Also, Sara Smile)...ok, a little on the quiet side #5) "Don't Stop Beleiving" by Journey #6) "Jack & Diane" by John Melloncamp #7) Anything off my Earth, Wind, & Fire albums. When I'm wearing my boots.... #8) "If You've Got the Money, Honey, I've Got the Time" by WIllie Nelson #9) "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw?" by Jimmy Buffett #10) "Jolene" by Dolly Parton #11) "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I like rockin' out to "Bare Knuckle Girl" by Shampoo.

• snarf
    snarf

Great white's Once bitten and twice shy. Doesn't matter where I am, I gotta sing and dance to that song. Reminds me of the good ole days, road trippin on gravel roads through the country with a 12 pack, my high school buds, radio blarin on a hot summer day. Those were the best times.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

damselfly:
    me too, on the Tainted Love thang, and Sex Dwarf!!

~runs for cover~

• Twitch
    Twitch

"Soul to Squeeze" - RHCP

"Grey Street" - Dave Matthews

a few others depending on the radio station and my vocal abilities that day,.....:-)

• karen96
    karen96

When my sister and I are in the car together, we break out "Good Morning, Starshine" by Donovan. Doesn't matter who is in the car with us, we belt it out, and we "f" up the bridge big time!

Karen

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    #7) Anything off my Earth, Wind, & Fire albums.

Rock on! For me, there's Hall and Oates songs that I know a bit too horrorshow. Think "Private Eyes" and "Out of Touch." If they come on I have to belt them out, no matter what my friends think. I don't mind the looks, though. I collect mainly funk so it weirds them out to see me singing, word for word, pop songs from the 80s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit