Are You A Born Again Christian Now? If so...

by Mistah MOJO 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

If so, are you (pick any and all questions that interest you, ignore the others):

Trinitarian or Modalist? (Oneness)?

Covenant theology or dispensational? Or something else?

Premillennial, Amillennial. Postmillennial or Panmillennial? (Panmillennial: "It will all pan out in the end.")

Pretrib, Midtrib, Postrib?

Futurist or Preterist?

Eternal Torment, Annihilation, or eventual (not immediate) Universal Reconciliation?

Baptized as an infant or as an adult?

Sprinkled, poured, or immersed?

In the name of Father-Son-Holy Spirit or the Lord Jesus Christ?

Liturgical and Sacramental or Nonliturgical and Nonsacramental?

Pentecostal, Neo-Pentecostal (Charismatic), or Non-Pentecostal?

Is Communion the Body and Blood of Christ, or a sign or symbol?

Does God still heal and perform miracles?

Is the Holy Spirit a retired author or an active divine Person?

Is your pastor "anointed" (Which means "Christed")

Are YOU anointed? (Christed)

Do you have visions? Do you hear God audibly? Have you had a miracle (inexplicable supernatural occurrence) in your life?

Do you consider yourself free now, or that you've exchanged a small cage for your mind and spirit (JWs) for a much larger cage?

Do you study the Bible or rely on someone else to explain it to you?

Is the Bible inerrant and infallible in the "original languages and manuscripts"? Is it plenarily (fully) inspired right down to the actual words or just inspired in a general way?

Are works necessary for salvation? (Ethics, morals, actually obeying Christ's commands) Or are works not neccessary, just a nice idea and something to shoot for when you're in a good mood? Or are they "the necessary FRUIT of GENUINE conversion"?

Who would you most identify with of these three choices? Luther, Calvin, or Zwingli.

Do you believe in free will? Or predestination?

Eternal security?

Creationism aka Intelligent Design? Theistic evolution?

Dominion Theology aka Christian Reconstructionism?

Is your Christology Chalcedonian, Nestorian, Apllonarian, Arian? Something else? (Please do not respond "biblical" as that means nothing. All the aforementioned views are "bible based.")

Pacifist or Just War? (Do you turn the other cheek or kick ass?)

Is Jesus:

God Almighty, the Eternal Logos, the second Person of the Holy Trinity.

The first and only direct creation by Yahweh, thru whom everything else was created?

The archangel Michael?

An emanation of God?

A mode of existence which the Father has taken upon himself?

Would you agree or disagree that the resurrected Christ is "fully God and fully Man, one OUSIA (essence) in two Natures simultaneously"?

Or do you not concern yourself with these things and Jesus is your Divine Friend? Or...

Will Jesus return visibly, bodily, literally? Or...

Does it concern you that Christians and Christianity are divided on every conceivable issue and often at war with each otherm both literally and figuratively?

Are Jews "God's chosen people?" If so, would you consider converting to Judaism? If not, why not, if they are God's chosen people?

Is Bible prophecy being fulfilled in the Middle East?

Will the Rapture occur soon? Time estimate in years or decades:

Are we on the verge of Armageddon?

Will "the Antichrist" claim to be JESUS or claim to be THE CHRIST? (The One specially Anointed by God)

Does anyone today, on TV or other media, or in your church, claim to be "God's Anointed Messenger for these last days"? Is that not not an antichrist-like claim? If not, why not? If so, why so?

Are demons/evil spirits real? How about "angels"? Or are these "beings" archetypal/psychological in nature?

Is disease caused by microbes/viruses or evil spirits? Or both? If both, explain.

Should we seek medical help or seek divine healing by faith alone? Or a combination?

Is Science "out to destroy faith"?

Are atheists evil?

Are scientists "tools of the Devil?"

Are Theists more moral, more ethical, better behaved than atheists? If yes, do you have any stats to support this? If no, do you have any stats?

Do you engage in a prison/jail ministry? If so, what percenttage of inmates were "born again" BEFORE being incarcerated?

Should an inmate go free when they are "born again" and therefore have " a clean slate with God"?

Is God against abortion? If yes, why did Jehovah kill unborn babies, having them ripped from their mothers wombs and dasehd aginst stones?

If God is against abortion, is there a Bible verse or verse to supoort this? Book__________ Chapter ____________ Verse________________

If God is NOT against abortion, are you? if so, why?

Will the unsaved be:

Thrown into Hellfire

Annihilated

Eventually reconciled to God and saved?

Are there ghosts? Have you seen, felt, or heard a ghost?

Please feel free to add any other questions or content that I've overlooked. Thank you! MM

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

not born again, did it right the first time!

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Way to go WA! MM

• Warlock
    Warlock

If someone believes in karma (I don't), how many times have they been "born again"?

Warlock

• elatwra
    elatwra

You have an impressive grasp on theology. What do you believe?

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Hello Elatrwa. I would rather keep my own convictions out of this so I don't inadvertantly influence any answers or steer the direction of the discussion. Thanks for the compliment. I should have an impressive grasp of Christian theology. ;) MM

• Gill
    Gill

No, but I find them entertaining!

I have neighbours who are Born Again! They make me laugh and I do my best to be helpful, kind and civil.

But!!!! I really do not believe that God decides where they live, helps them find their house keys, or sends little old me every time they have a problem!!!!

So, I nod kindly when they tell me that JUST READING Harry Potter books will get my kids possessed (Too late for that!), nod nicely when they tell me that I really shouldn't get too involved with Christmas celebrations, and am very polite and say absolutely NOTHING when they do not strap their children into their car seats because 'nothing bad will happen unless God allows it!

I thought it was bad being a JW, I hadn't met them yet!!! But they make me laugh.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I am, i have been told. I went through the pentacostal process of inviting jesus into my heart and all that. I was told that that was that. Not sure where that all stands, now that i don't believe any of it. Perhaps none of your questions apply to me.

S

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm an unorthodox Christian

As far as biblical inspiration goes, broadly speaking, I side with Karl Barth and have very eclectic tastes. I think that sacred writings are written by individuals who are inspired much as an artist, and that they resonate with others to further inspire them. To that end it barely matters is the writings are historically or scientifically accurate, as long as they have the desired effect. The hand that points to the moon is not the moon...

If I had to be pinned down on a theology constrained by the canon of 66 books I would say that Reformed FIve-Point Calvinist says most of it, for me. However, more specifically:

• Trinitarian;
    • Infra-lapsarian;
    • Hell as "outer darkness",while not dismissing the potential for reconcilliation;
    • Revised Preterist, in that:
    • Amillenial, holding the Tribulation to be a "Dark Night of the Soul";
    • I'm not a Cessationist but, while having broad experience, neither am I a Pentecostal;
    • Entired freed by grace, with spontaneous post facto works, especially "love";
    • Baptised by sprinkling in the name of the F, S, and HS;
    • Communion as a sign and symbol;
    • Ecumenical, but don't particularly enjoy liturgy;
    • Just War;
    • Evolutionist.

More personally I suggest: let it go and enjoy the experience of just being. Too much study and pedantic wrangling over words keeps our attention focussed on the hand, instead of the moon...

• JeffT
    JeffT

Yes.

For the rest of it put me down as "Vanilla"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit