Are You A Born Again Christian Now? If so...

by Mistah MOJO 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• target
    target

Having an interest in the metaphysical, I would have to say I am born again, and again, and again and...........

Target

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Hi Moshe. Yeah, no way you can be a fundie and embrace science completely. But, one can be a Christian and do so. Just depends on how you view "God" and the Bible. No, we need no savior. Christ was a Teacher, a Revealer, a Buddha. A spiritual Master. Check out the Gospel Of Thomas. MM

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Hi Target. I shop at you. MM

• Shining One
    Shining One

>If so, are you (pick any and all questions that interest you, ignore the others):

Trinitarian or Modalist? (Oneness)?

Trinitarian

>Covenant theology or dispensational? Or something else?

Neither, pan-millenialist: " it will all 'pan out' in the end!" LOL

>Premillennial, Amillennial. Postmillennial or Panmillennial? (Panmillennial: "It will all pan out in the end.")

See the above..

>Pretrib, Midtrib, Postrib?

Concerning the rapture? See the above!

>Futurist or Preterist?

Partial preterist, full preterism is a heresy (no second coming).

>Eternal Torment, Annihilation, or eventual (not immediate) Universal Reconciliation?

Eternal separation from God. If you don't believe in Him nor want to be with Him you will get your wish..eternally.

>Baptized as an infant or as an adult?

Baptism only happens after the acceptance of grace in the 1st century church.

>Sprinkled, poured, or immersed?

Total immersion.

>In the name of Father-Son-Holy Spirit or the Lord Jesus Christ?

All three.

>Liturgical and Sacramental or Nonliturgical and Nonsacramental?

I enjoy many styles of services from the aspect of a believer.

>Pentecostal, Neo-Pentecostal (Charismatic), or Non-Pentecostal?

Non. I have seen enough of gibbering idiots laughing, barking, pew hopping and babbling incoherently. There are very Biblcal pentecostal churches (see 1 Cor. 14).

>Is Communion the Body and Blood of Christ, or a sign or symbol?

Symbolic

>Does God still heal and perform miracles?

God does all healing even that done through medicine. Yes, He is still in the 'miracle business': every time someone comes to faith it is a miracle of death to life.

>Is the Holy Spirit a retired author or an active divine Person?

He is very much a person. That is clear from scripture.

>Is your pastor "anointed" (Which means "Christed")

That is a personal opinion and may or may not apply.

>Are YOU anointed? (Christed)

I am anointed to preach the gospel in the pulpit. I am not any better than anyone else who believes or doesn't.

>Do you have visions? Do you hear God audibly?

No I don't to both questions.

>Have you had a miracle (inexplicable supernatural occurrence) in your life?

See the above: my spirit has been quickened.

>Do you consider yourself free now, or that you've exchanged a small cage for your mind and spirit (JWs) for a much larger cage?

We all live within boundaries of the physical realm. I am no longer a slave to sin but a slave to Christ, my savior and Lord.

>Do you study the Bible or rely on someone else to explain it to you?

We are all taught by the Holy Spirit through the dispensation of spiritual gifts, the discipling of others. My most important activity is to study the scripture and mediate on what I have read while praying. If I come up with some cockeyed idea that doesn't line up with the context of scripture then I restudy the passage.

>Is the Bible inerrant and infallible in the "original languages and manuscripts"? Is it plenarily (fully) inspired right down to the actual words or just inspired in a general way?

The question above is a moot point. Scripture is inspired of God and infallible. Inerrancy cannot be proved nor is necessary for belief.

>Are works necessary for salvation? (Ethics, morals, actually obeying Christ's commands) Or are works not neccessary, just a nice idea and something to shoot for when you're in a good mood? Or are they "the necessary FRUIT of GENUINE conversion"?

I'll take 'door number three'. I am saved by grace and not works...

>Who would you most identify with of these three choices? Luther, Calvin, or Zwingli?

None of the above though Calvin makes sense with the five points from a standpoint of logic. 'Linited atonement' is not valid in my view.

>Do you believe in free will? Or predestination?Eternal security?

One must hold both the responsibility of man and the providence of God equally. On the next question: we are not saved by our own actions therefore we are saved by grace. God even gives us the faith to believe. True Saints will persevere to the end.

>Creationism aka Intelligent Design? Theistic evolution?

Creationism is the only valid reading of Genesis in my view.

>Dominion Theology aka Christian Reconstructionism?

No

>Is your Christology Chalcedonian, Nestorian, Apllonarian, Arian? Something else?(Please do not respond "biblical" as that means nothing. All the aforementioned views are "bible based.")

I object, none of the above with the exception of Chalce are free of contradictions.

>Pacifist or Just War? (Do you turn the other cheek or kick ass?)

Logical error, the two choices are not the only valid views. Generally I believe there is a 'Just War' that extrapolates from 'love thy neighbor' as a basis.

>Is Jesus: God Almighty, the Eternal Logos, the second Person of the Holy Trinity?

You got it!

>The first and only direct creation by Yahweh, thru whom everything else was created?

Heresy

>The archangel Michael?

Luther accepted this as a 'morphism' similar to the 'angel of the Lord' of the O.T.

>An emanation of God?

No

>A mode of existence which the Father has taken upon himself?

No

>Would you agree or disagree that the resurrected Christ is "fully God and fully Man, one OUSIA (essence) in two Natures simultaneously"?

Yes

>Or do you not concern yourself with these things and Jesus is your Divine Friend? Or...

The Jesus is my buddy thing? LOL

>Will Jesus return visibly, bodily, literally? Or...

The Olivet discourse dealt with the symbolic apocalypse judgement. That happened in 70 AD. He will return at some future date, end of the world as we know it!

>Does it concern you that Christians and Christianity are divided on every conceivable issue and often at war with each otherm both literally and figuratively?

Not at all. Wheat and tares grow together and so it has always bee. The 'body of Christ' is a sp[iritual reality and too much is made of the 'grey issues' not involving the nature of God or salvation.

>Are Jews "God's chosen people?" If so, would you consider converting to Judaism? If not, why not, if they are God's chosen people?

See the 'grafted branches' explanations of Jesus and Paul.

>Is Bible prophecy being fulfilled in the Middle East?

No. Israel has not returned, in the land, as a theocracy.

>Will the Rapture occur soon? Time estimate in years or decades:

It is irrelevant, We will all meet our maker at some point.

>Are we on the verge of Armageddon?

Who knows? We are only to do the will of God as best we can each day.

>Will "the Antichrist" claim to be JESUS or claim to be THE CHRIST? (The One specially Anointed by God)

See the above.

>Does anyone today, on TV or other media, or in your church, claim to be "God's Anointed Messenger for these last days"? Is that not not an antichrist-like claim? If not, why not? If so, why so?

No, it they did so I would again be in a cult.

>Are demons/evil spirits real? How about "angels"? Or are these "beings" archetypal/psychological in nature?

Very, very real.

>Is disease caused by microbes/viruses or evil spirits? Or both? If both, explain.

I opt for the scientific here. I suspect that our psyche can be affected by outside influences and we all know that the mind can cause illness.

>Should we seek medical help or seek divine healing by faith alone? Or a combination?

Prayer and medicine work together in every way.

>Is Science "out to destroy faith"?

Science is limited to the physical realm and can never destroy faith by ruling out the supernatural. Science can often be taken either way in the matters of creationism/naturalism. Some scientists are motivated by their naturalism just as some are by their faith.

>Are atheists evil?

Not in general. They just have nowhere to go when they die!!! LOL

>Are scientists "tools of the Devil?"?

Another individual option.

>Are Theists more moral, more ethical, better behaved than atheists? If yes, do you have any stats to support this? If no, do you have any stats?

I have no idea.

>Do you engage in a prison/jail ministry? If so, what percenttage of inmates were "born again" BEFORE being incarcerated?

No, and I don't know. I do know that those who leave through Christian fellowship ministries stay out of prison to the tune on 90 plus percent.

>Should an inmate go free when they are "born again" and therefore have " a clean slate with God"?

No. The state bears the sword for a purpose. Did you know that David Berkowitz (Son of Sam) has been in ministry for twenty years and has asked to never be pardoned because it would cause his victims families too much heartache?

>Is God against abortion? If yes, why did Jehovah kill unborn babies, having them ripped from their mothers wombs and dasehd aginst stones?

God says we are not to murder. The situation you describe is from Hosea and it is a warning of judgement. I don't know that this actually occurred. It is amazing to me that we have a society that destroys the most defensless individuals amongst us and the same people who support it are very lax on their views of punishing the brutes who kill, rape and molest.

>If God is against abortion, is there a Bible verse or verse to supoort this? Book__________ Chapter ____________ Verse________________

See the above....

>If God is NOT against abortion, are you? if so, why?

See the above....

>Will the unsaved be: Thrown into Hellfire; Annihilated;Eventually reconciled to God and saved?

Eternally separated from God.

>Are there ghosts? Have you seen, felt, or heard a ghost?

No, no.

>Please feel free to add any other questions or content that I've overlooked. Thank you!

That's quite enough!

Rex

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Without turning it into an essay, what's your gripe with "Limited Atonement", Rex?

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Yep

Cheers

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Nate Since (you think) you have me all figured out, (see http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/118656/1.ashx ) Are you Sunni, Shi'a, Sufism, nation of Islam, or other?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

I guess he thinks Jesus lost a bunch after John 17:12!

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

DD, hand me that spliff man, lemme take a hit off it. You're quite an amazing fellow DD, yessir. You saw right through me, you see that I'm a Muslim. I'm impressed with your scholarly acumen and spiritual insight. Whatta wiz. Nothin' gets past you man. Way to go dee DEE!

Oh Allah be praised
    and Allah be braised
    Yeah Allah be frick-a-seed!

He's the grooviest god
    that grew from the sod
    the only god you'll ever need!

Ciao for Niao DD. MM

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi LT,
    Limited atonement: There are too many 'alls' and 'whosoevers' to explain away. For instance, if I follow the Calvinist's argument the word 'all' in context would mean, 'all of the saints, or the elect' and the 'whosoevers' are dealt with the same way using hermeneutic interpretation of context in relation to all relevant scriptures.
    * John 1:29b: "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"
    * John 3:16-17: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."
    * 2 Corinthians 5:14-15: "For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised."
    * 1 Timothy 2:5-6: "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time."
    * 1 Timothy 4:10: "For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe."
    * Titus 2:11 - "For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people."
    * 1 John 2:2: "He [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."
    I struggle with this and at times have agred with the Calvanist position. I do know that there is some tension here, as a Biblicist, I hold both the providence of God and the responsibility of man in harmony. I see a lot of what Spurgeon reasons on the subject.
    A good counter-point is by Ron Rhodes in this article:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~ronrhodes/Atonement.html
    God Bless,
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit