Are You A Born Again Christian Now? If so...

by Mistah MOJO 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am not a born again Christian

I like what Hugh Laurie says (he's a British actor recently on "Inside the Actor's Studio") ................he said he is not relgious at all, and prefers to believe in what he knows and what can be known, rather than attempt to figure out the unknown. That's me in a nutshell.

I tend to think we are here, and we just ARE. Period. The rest does't matter, at least not to me. Is there a god? I don't know and neither do any of you.

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Hello Shining One. Thank you for the detailed response! I appreciate the time and effort you took You are quite knowledgeable yourself. MM

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Hi Mulan. Thank you for dropping in.

For a long time I would have agreed wholeheartedly about God. Although I reject all anthropomorphisms, and such nonsense, I do have complete confidence in my experience of the Numinous. Yes, my experiences are subjective, just like the rest of my experiences. All experience is subjective. Also, the reality of the Numinous/God can be known by anyone willing to out in the effort and time. Such knowing does not come by ratiocination or the reading of books. I've spent thirty-three years meditating two hours a day (yes its doable if one doesnt watch TV much) and my experience of the Numinous grew forth from my meditation. It is not a Knowing that I can pass on to you via the written word or I would.
    Respectfully,
    MM

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

I did go through the "born again" experience, but I am not now an evangelical or a fundamentalist. I suppose I could be called an extremely liberal Protestant with crypto-Byzantine Catholic leanings. To each her or his own, pathwise. MM

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Shining One, maybe you can illumine me a bit about this Board. I'm not all that tech-savvy. How do I keep better track of which of myposts have been answered other than going laboriously back over each one? There probably isn't any other way than checking each one for the latest posting besides my own, but if there is I would like to know it. Also, how does one cut and paste a quote from a previous post and have it appear in a box in one's own response? If you could assist me here I would be much obliged. MM

• Mistah MOJO
  • Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Neither, pan-millenialist: " it will all 'pan out' in the end!" LOL (Glad ya liked the pun!)

Partial preterist, full preterism is a heresy (no second coming). (I'm so surprised! TWO people on this board so far with enough sense to be preterists! Goodonyemate)

Eternal separation from God. If you don't believe in Him nor want to be with Him you will get your wish..eternally. (Perhaps a search into the words aion and aionios would be in order)

Baptism only happens after the acceptance of grace in the 1st century church. (Well, yes, since no one at that time was born into Christianity. However, Acts says "this promise is to you AND YOUR CHILDREN.." I was a Paedobaptist)

Creationism is the only valid reading of Genesis in my view. (I would answer that you're being a modernist in so doing. You're reading modern scientific concern and mind set back into an ancient pre-scientific spiritual document. The writer of Genesis was concerned to teach the spiritual lesson that all of the gods of the "heathen" (the sun, moon, stars, animals, earth) are mere creations of God, not gods themselves. I am a true conservative here by conserving the original intent and purpose of the book. I recommend The Meaning Of Creation by Dr. Conrad Hyers)

I object, none of the above with the exception of Chalce are free of contradictions. (Nothing to object too, just giving options. Left out Monophysitism by accident. Yes, I agree Chalcedon solved the problems quite handily. The definition is a also an excellent one for a Hindu avatar)

>Would you agree or disagree that the resurrected Christ is "fully God and fully Man, one OUSIA (essence) in two Natures simultaneously"? Yes (Ha! I gotcha! I was being purposely sneaky here. Actually, it should be one Person in two natures. But yeah, sneaky doesn't count)

The Jesus is my buddy thing? LOL ( LOL!)

The Olivet discourse dealt with the symbolic apocalypse judgement. That happened in 70 AD. He will return at some future date, end of the world as we know it! (Preterism makes sense out of the nonsense! )

>Is Bible prophecy being fulfilled in the Middle East? No. Israel has not returned, in the land, as a theocracy. (Utterly agreed! The pro-Israel people are going to wind up getting us into world war three, NOT "Armageddon!")

Will the Rapture occur soon? It is irrelevant, We will all meet our maker at some point. (Utterly agreed! Good stuff!)

Are atheists evil? Not in general. They just have nowhere to go when they die!!! LOL (LOL!)

No, and I don't know. I do know that those who leave through Christian fellowship ministries stay out of prison to the tune on 90 plus percent (Okay, could you give me some sources? Thanks)

Are there ghosts? Have you seen, felt, or heard a ghost? No, no. (I have. I wish I was kidding. Both my wife and I, in each others presence, have seen, heard, and felt ghosts)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's an easier way than laboriously checking each reply. Depending on your browser, you should see a line like this at the top of your thread:

Jehovahs Witness Discussion Forum > Beliefs, Doctrine & Practices > Are You A Born Again Christian Now? If so...

To see ALL the replies, click on "Are you A Born Again Christian Now? If so.."

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Thanks jgnat! Much obliged. MM

• Shining One
    Shining One

You can also click on your screen name and then click 'post history'.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit