The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Interesting AS. I was not aware of this. What I understand you mean on your post is that the wts uses the hs to establish one date but it rejects it for what is says regarding the destruction of Jerusalem.

If waht you are saying is a fact, I cannot understand why, if the hs is deemed flaky, that certain other parts can be used to establish other dates. But 3w showed that even if the hs is inspired it does not disprove 607. I have to reread the post on the hs.3w argumentation was very persuasive as I recall.

Alan:

You are Alan Feuerbacher?

Just to let people know that I am not a freeloader on this board. I have spent a lot of money on books and lit advertised here and other lit written by individuals that post on this site. I have not spent any money on any lierature that may infringe on wts copyright. THis site has made me aware of the lit and if not for this site I never would have bothered to get the lit I bought or have any interest whasoever in the purchasing the lit.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Which Watchtower president is pictured in the helocopter?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Never mind, solved my own question...

Who is this guy?

Give up?

How about this guy?

At first I was fooled by the mustache in the first picture, but look closely at the chin. Yup, it's him!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!..hillary_step,your wit is in fine form today..I`m not sure if this is a debate or"Last Comic Standing"..A little of both I think..All the same,most entertaining..You`ve made me laugh and pull out my dictionary..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Fisherman,

Fisherman: I have to reread the post on the hs.3w argumentation was very persuasive as I recall.

I would like to know exactly what persuaded you about his argument regarding the HS. It was filled with half-truths and deceptions. The closest he got to a factual assertion was suggesting that the destruction of the temple mentioned as occurring 54 years prior was in Nebuchadnezzar's 16th year, and he didn't even state that as a fact. Apart from asking questions which have perfectly satisfactory secular answers he did not dispute anything the HS says.

His assertion would be that Nebuchadnezzar's 16th year was 609 BC. Nebuchadnezzar ruled for 43 years. So his last year of rule would be 582 BC. He was succeeded by Evil-Merodach, who reigned for 2 regnal years. This brings us to 580 BC. Then came Neriglissar, who ruled for four years, bringing us to 576 BC. Then Labashi-Marduk, who reigned less than a year. Followed by the most remarkable king in Babylonian history, he was an invisible Babylonian king. During the reign of King Nevawuzza no business was done, banking was apparently outlawed as was record-keeping and writing of all kinds, no wars were fought, no remarkable building or repair work was done, no sheep were bred...this was indeed an amazing king.

Secular history has a chronology that ends up with Nabonidus' 1st regnal year being 555 BC as stipulated in the Hillah Stele and as agreed to by the Watchtower Society, which would make his accession year 556 BC. WTS chronology does not present a chronology that has a king ruling Babylon for all the years leading up to 555 BC. For any of thirdwitness' arguments to have any basis whatsoever, he must do what the WTS has always failed to do. He must provide a chronology that accounts for Neo-Babylonian activity during the 20-year silence.

Since there is no such thing as a twenty year gap, the burden of proof does not rest on secular chronology. There is a twenty year insertion, so the burden of proof is on the Watchtower Society and its defenders.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Flash said,

Funny coincidence...from the 15th century to the 1860's muzzle loaders were the norm. For thousands of years before that it was, bow and arrows, swords and slings, axes...all very 'High Tech.' Yet from 1861 to 1914 humanity...all by itself, jumps from those primitive weapons to Machine Guns, Tanks, Warplanes, Poison Gas and everything else since. Yes gentlemen ~ EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE.

The last word is yours.

Have A Sparkling Day!

Yes you are right, we went from primitive weapons to modern machinery rather quickly, didn't we? I am taking classes in Manufacturing Sciences and will eventually have a degree in Mechanical Engineering too. Let me give you a little piece of advise. You had better do some research before splattering this garbage up on the board and expect it to stick.

Allow me to explain... Eli Whitney might as well be considered the father of Standardization in Manufacturing. His contribution to society started with interchangeable parts. How did he make this possible, first there had to be a standard for measurement this allows for all components to be exactly the same. And because of interchangeable parts, mass production followed. This allows for anything to go from dream to reality. I am not interested in giving a whole lecture on the subject, but if you want more, I suggest looking for more on Eli Whitney, Henry Ford and any articles on standardization. Flash (or anybody else who agrees with Flash), please explain how Standardization in Manufacturing has anything to do with Jesus returning to rule the Earth?

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

auldsoul: Does the use of "times" instead of "years" mean more than years or less than years?

Why do you keep trying to bring up the same thing over and over again. It has been thoroughly covered. Times means what the Bible says it means. Thats it. Whatever else you say is redundant. 3.5 times = 1260 days according to Revelation. Your question makes no sense.

And just as logic and reason on the 70 weeks necessitates applying a day for a year so does the 7 times. I have explained it thoroughly. I realize you do not want to accept the clear and reasonable explanation. You want it on a silver platter. I understand that you don't want to dig deeply into the Bible and connect the dots that are there to be connected. I understand that you do not want to accept that Ezekiel 21 is the very same story as Daniel 4. That one explains the other. I understand that you don't want to accept Isa 6 showing the massive tree was cut down in 607 and the stump of the tree was the holy seed. You wanted Daniel to say, " Hey look boys and girls, 7 times is 2520 days and applying a day for a year as in other cases in the Bible we can arrive at the end of the Gentile Times, 1914." So you want to walk outside your door and find the treasure sitting on your front porch and not have to look at the map and dig for the treasure.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

And by the way, fisherman and others. The Hillah Stele is not how 539 is arrived at. There are other ways. When I have time I will bring some of it forward. Maybe on another thread. But know this that the same secular 'evidence' that points to 587 is not all the same evidence that points to 539. One way 539 can be arrived at is by using the rules of the Perisian Kings after 539, nothing to do with the Babylonian kings since they ruled before 539..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Sorry guys,it`s a double post..Wasted a friggin post!..I`m never gonna get that post back again!..Friggin never!!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Funny coincidence...from the 15th century to the 1860's muzzle loaders were the norm. For thousands of years before that it was, bow and arrows, swords and slings, axes...all very 'High Tech.' Yet from 1861 to 1914 humanity...all by itself, jumps from those primitive weapons to Machine Guns, Tanks, Warplanes, Poison Gas and everything else since. Yes gentlemen ~ EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 instead of 607. That is like pointing to the frozen mammoths, and rock erosion in Utah as proof that the global flood really ocurred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit