The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlanF
    AlanF

saki2fifty said:

: So how about this... I will try to excercise neutraility until I see that it becomes unbalanced.. at which point, I will naturally side with the society.

Yet another contradiction in terms.

You're not neutral, so don't pretend to yourself that you are. Why do you insist on fooling yourself?

Do you really have so little confidence in your cognitive abilities that you can't judge that when JW defenders deliberately make false statements, they are liars?

AlanF

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Did anybody else notice that my social invite got totally ignored (from what I can tell). How rude!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Saki,

So how about this... I will try to excercise neutraility until I see that it becomes unbalanced.. at which point, I will naturally side with the society.

LOL...the neutrality of Jehovah's Witnesses epitomized. I presume you are the judge of the balance of neutrality? If it does not fit your worldview, then it stands a good chance of being 'unbalanced'.

What pap.

HS

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Now now, you are reading too much into the Scripture. First of all I never said anything about you being in cohouts with ann. Do not jumpt to conclusion. Second I am only reading waht the verse in the Bible says simply put. Read it. Thirdly, not ALL scholars agree with how you are applying the scriptures. Most of us here are jws or xjws no rehashes please we know we studyd the lit too you know. I dont know with certainty wt interpretation of 1914 and neither do you. A new wt issue comming out.may prove you wrong I must say that I cannot defend somthing today that may be discarded tomorow. I remmember sitting in a class taught by bro RL many years ago in the bb house of God. I objected that there was no basis for creation days to be of equal length. The bros laughed. I am not an apostate. I want to make that clear.

It is noteworthy though that many old apostate teachings are Bible truths today according to the wts. BUt getting back to tthe last 4 verses of 2 kings that I cited. I suggest that you read them without the wts mindset. I have not concluded that Jeohiachin was the last king of Judah but it is note worthy that 2 ki ends on a bright note. The last surviving king of Judah is set free from babyl prison he is shown honor. This gave the captives hope and it was a a sign of the end of the xile and the restoration of the davidic monarchy. Again the Bible metions Jehoi as the last king od Judah.

Anyway, I offerered another possible interpretation of put on high even what is low as ff would say a typical fulfillment. WT application od scripture is only a possible interpretation but who knows? You don't. We know how the wts explains gentile times and how they support it. But if that fails too, Im looking for other possible interpretations.

It s getting hard to see the posts how can I expand so that I dont have to clock on each thread, anyone?

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

let's cut right to it 3w
    it doesn't matter one whit what endless drivel you spew about chronology and the year 607/1914. It doesn't relate to Jesus in any way shape or form. It doesn't relate to the second coming. The whole thing is only a power structure for the Watch Tower to operate upon. THEY ARE USING JESUS, NOT HONORING HIM IN ANY WAY. They had to retroactively fit in Jesus to a failed prophecy. They interpret the Bible only to suit their own ends, not bring about truth, glory, or honor to God.
    The fact of the matter is the Bible so utterly shuts down the vacuous stupidity of 1914 with these words "AS LIGHTNING SHINES FROM THE EAST UNTO THE WEST, SO SHALL THE COMING OF THE SON OF MAN BE" "He will come on the clouds with great honor and glory and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM."
    Shuttup about invisibility
    They've disrespected the Bible in ways only other cults, pagans, bible haters and satanists otherwise manage to.
    The fact is, you are a liar. YOu are dishonest with yourself just as the GB is dishonest with itself and the rank and file, dishonest to an unimaginably severe degree.
    The fact is, you are so filled with pride, you are blinded with it. You cannot see the plank in your eye.
    The fact is the WT is a revival of arianism, the fact is the wt is not the only group that denies the Trinity, hell, doesn't participate in military service, and preach the word.
    The fact is, you preach a false gospel. The doctrines re: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of the Watchtower greater resemble the hindu triad than the doctrine of the trinity could ever hope to.
    The fact is, if Jehovah is the only God, a jealous god, having no other gods before him, then Jesus is de facto a false god.
    The fact is, paradise earth in Wt-ese sounds like a good description of hell.
    You will never be reasoned with because you shut out any possibility of reasonableness, be it public or private.
    The fact is you have religion for your god. You worship your religion, you depend on your religion to save you, you bow down before the ugly pitiful god that is the watchtower.
    as such
    "Those who have religion for their god will not have God for their religion."
    if you are serving anyone it is only yourself the watchtower, your pride, and the liar.

smellsgood

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty
    AlanF:

: So how about this... I will try to excercise neutraility until I see that it becomes unbalanced.. at which point, I will naturally side with the society.

Yet another contradiction in terms.

You're not neutral, so don't pretend to yourself that you are. Why do you insist on fooling yourself?

Do you really have so little confidence in your cognitive abilities that you can't judge that when JW defenders deliberately make false statements, they are liars?

"Yet another contradiction in terms". Not really, key word there is "try".

And again, im not pretending or fooling myself... another assumption.

"liars"? So you are saying that these JW Defenders do in fact know the actual truth (which is primarily based on your (AlanF's) own understanding and interpretations), but insist on preaching, teaching, and exclaiming something different?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I will set the hook later...You will see the point.

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty

Wow, you guys are tough on people... a lions den indeed!

When I was speaking of "unbalanced", I was merely talking about what I had commented on way beforehand... just being outnumbered. Thats it, simple as that. (ok, you can cut and paste my quotes to prove me wrong on that also).

• Room 215
    Room 215

ohmigod, thirdwitness -- Give it a rest. Get a life; or better yet, take your life back. Your creative energy would far better be spent more constructively, not to mention more satisfyingly, in performing charitable works for humanity's immense suffering rather than expended in the defense of a discredited, delusional premise.

Besides, the 607 vs 587 issue is only the first chapter in the WTBTS fairy tale. Linking the Seven Times of Nebuchadnezzar's lycanthropy and his restoration to sanity is if anything even more tenuous bit of crackpot sophistry than the date-fixing exercise.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Yes, God's everlasting rulership toward the earth and his choosing of whomever he sees fit to place in the position of rulership is the centralized theme of Daniel 4.

Now if you don't want to look at other parts of the Bible and dig deeply so that you can understand the rest of the Bible then no you will not find any answers.

Thank you for your reply.

I had asked for specific application made in either Daniel chapter 4 or the other passages you've cited from the Old Testament that explicitly state the tree dream has another application other than what happened to Nebuchadnezzar. You apparently realize the problem because you claim these do explicitly apply the dream to God's kingdom. I've read and re-read these passages and they do not so state. Show me one verse that explicitly says something like this: "Jehovah's kingdom will be laid low for seven times." It isn't there. You are not interpreting from the text but reading into it something that is not there. Do you really believe the Bible to be your final authority? Then show us Scriptures which clearly state that the tree dream of Daniel chapter 4 applies to God's kingdom. All you've done so far is to demonstrate that a tree is used metaphorically in the Old Testament to refer to rulers. So far, so good. Where is the verse which explicitly states the seven times applies to God's kingdom?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit