The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

/Auldsoul, the reason I don't answer your NGO questions is because they have already been answered here:

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

But you must read it to find the answers.

As for your illustration about the vatican it is also answered in that essay but vatican is replaced by YMCA.

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/selfcondemnation.html

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Actually, thirdwitness, your writings on the issue on that Web site (1) do not answer my three question (you don't even address my three questions) and (2) cannot respond to rebuttal points and (3) are not a post or poster on this discussion forum.

Your site states quite a few things as though they are relevant material facts that are not in any way related to the Association of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society to the UN/DPI.

For instance: Your site implies that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society did not become part of the UN/DPI simply because it did not become part of the UN. This is not true. This deception raised my question of whether the Society became an Associate member of the UN/DPI, it didn't answer the question. Of course, the question was raised for me when I got the same quote in the letter the WTS sent me about the issue.

My followup question derives from this one, and is also not addressed on your site: If the Watchtower Society was not associated to the UN/DPI, why did they request and receive disassociation?

A related question is, why would they cite "Criteria for Association" as a reason for their request to disassociate if they were never associated? ONLY Associated NGOs are bound by the Criteria for Association With the UN/DPI.

The last question is also not addressed on your Web page: Are the other Associate members of the UN/DPI (none of whom are part of the UN) disapproved or approved by God?

You have answered NONE of these. And I suspect you won't. But I now hope you get your account closed, since you have refused to answer a question put to you on the basis that you answered it on a different Web site and tried to get me to leave this site and go to that one for my answer. That is a violation of posting guidelines, as you have been repeatedly warned. I am sure I will not argue for you again. You have been posting long enough to know you cannot respond this way without censure.

Maybe you will only get your posts limited again. If so, perhaps you could answer me by PM. Maybe you will get deleted. In which case, bye.

AuldSoul

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Thirdwitness, either you are an outright lier or Paul Hoeffel, Chief of the NGO section is. In his letter which I posted you obviously didn't read it. So, I am going to post it again with the important bit highlighted.

Then, JW lurkers can decide for themselves:

Please be informed that it is the policy of the Department of Public Information of the United Nations to keep correspondence between the United Nations and NGOs associated with DPI confidential. However, please see below the paragraph included in all letters sent to NGOs approved for association in 1992 :

(THIS IS WHAT THE 1992 BROUCHER SAID)

"The principal purpose of association of non-governmental organizations with the United Nations Department of Public Information is the redissemination of information in order to increase public understanding of the principles, activities and achievements of the United Nations and its Agencies. Consequently, it is important that you should keep us informed about your organization's information programme as it relates to the United Nations, including sending us issues of your relevant publications. We are enclosing a brochure on the "The United Nations and Non-Governmental Organizations", which will give you some information regarding the NGO relationship."

In addition, the criteria for NGOs to become associated with DPI include the following:

1. • that the NGO share the principles of the UN Charter;
    2. • operate solely on a not-for-profit basis;
    3. • have a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and a proven ability to reach large or specialized audiences, such as educators, media representatives, policy makers and the business community;

1. • have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets, organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; and enlisting the cooperation of the media.

steve
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

Thirdwitness,

Did you read my Post 5244 on page 56 at all? You have not commented on it.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Steve, I would love to see a 1992 brochure. Do you have one or have access to one?

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Auldsoul, the 2nd paragraph under Know Your NGO's reads,

In the United Nations system, there are NGOs who are associated with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and there are also NGOs associated with the Department of Public Information (DPI). The Watchtower Society was of the latter kind — associated with the DPI.

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/knowyourngos.html
    Have you really read it? If so, why do you ask questions that have obviously been answered?

I am already having to spoon feed you about 607/1914/parousia...Must I also spoon feed you the NGO explanation.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitness: Steve, I would love to see a 1992 brochure. ; Do you have one or have access to one?

Would it make any difference to your position?

steve

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Jeffro, Just saying something is flawed don't make it so.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas
    thirdwitness: Steve, I would love to see a 1992 brochure. ; Do you have one or have access to one?

The UN representative is the one quoting it. Are you saying he's not a credible source?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Thirdwitness.

Ngos with ECOSOC have consultative status whereas those with DPI do not. But does that mean that only those Ngos with ECOSOC have to support the principles of the Charter of the United Nations or are they not required to support the principles of the Charter? Now if you read post 5244 you will see that Ngos with DPI had to support the same principles although they had no consultative status.

There are some Ngos with DPI that do not belong to ECOSOC, but there are some Ngos with ECOSOC, which also belong to DPI, especially those with strong information programmes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit