The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I wonder if third witness is able to discuss things NOT from his website.

If not, then he is a troll and should be """""""DISFELLOWSHIPPED"""""""!

steve

• zagor
    zagor

Well this is typical of WTBS style ignore questions you can't answer and hope people only remember what you can explain. But I doubt UN/NGO thing will go away that easy. WTBS response to revelation of their own missconduct was rather classic: "hey, thank you for bringing that to our attention" LMAO. Perhaps next time some poor bastard in congregation finally get laid and get caught should also say "well thank you for bringing that to my attention" and hope that would be the end of it, lol

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jeffro, Just saying something is flawed don't make it so.

Of course not. And speculating wildly about scriptures "don't make it so" either. My post simply demonstrates that your article (if you really are the author) is jam-packed with assumption and speculation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"It`s a wrap"..?????????..LOL!!..I gotta agree with Steve..3rd Witness has been Roasted and Toasted..The funny thing is,he thinks he won the debate..Theres no law against being stupid..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• TD
    TD

I think thats pretty much a wrap on the 607/1914/7times/parousia info

LOL

In the words of Jason BeDuhn, (Who has publicly defended the NWT)

"So the first question you should ask anyone who claims to have the credentials to speak about the translation of the New Testament is: Do you know how to read Koine Greek?"

• badboy
    badboy

22,000 VIEWS LATER AND 1,300 POSTS LATER,THIS TOPIC IS STILL GOING STRONG.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

[whistle] thirdwi-i-i-i-i-i-itne-e-e-e-ss! [whistle] [whistle]

C'mon boy! That's a good thirdwitness. You can answer the questions, can'tchya boy. Yes you can. Yes you can! That's a good boy, yes it is. C'mon boy, answer the questions. Answer the questions.

For anyone reading who believes that stating something as a fact and failing to support it with anything beyond conjecture piled on top of conjecture, this thread stands as testament to the fallacy of that reasoning. Statements of fact must be demonstrable and clearly evident conclusion. If there are other possible explanations, then the statement of fact is falsified pending further proofs.

thirdwitness states things as fact that are directly contradictory to the Bible. He uses estimated dating of the writing of the books of the Bible as ironclad fact in arriving at conclusions that are unsupportable when considered in light of other Scriptures. He ignores Scriptures that tend to refute his claims, while holding up his interpretation of passages that support his claim as though there is no possible alternative interpretation. He infers that each opposer is lacking in intelligence or discernment if they cannot see his conclusions as the only possible conclusion.

Yet, regarding the seven times of Daniel and the meaning of 1914, there is at least one other published explanation for every element and at least one other chronology for every timeline he has discussed in the historical pages of the Watchtower magazine. Therefore, there is no possibility of only one conclusion that is self-evident from the Scriptures. And, he has admitted that if the WTS presented a changed doctrine he would consider the evidence they present in favor of their new interpretation.

He asks for statements of fact from us, when we simply say there is not enough information provided to make very many definite statements of fact. He makes definite statements of fact and then refuses to defend the statements from direct Scriptural challenge.

Observe. Learn. Notice that he prefers everyone to simply read his one-way communication.

Then consider this: Jesus told his disciples that the slave cannot be greater than the master.

Jesus did not constrain himself to the voluminous opinions of Rabbis past or present when giving answer. Jesus did not hold back from flatly contradicting their traditions when these were violations of God's will. Jesus did not conform his explanations of prophecy to the views of the religious leaders of his day. Jesus gave Scriptural answers even to Satan.

The Watchtower Society, however, demands that its followers adhere strictly to the teachings found in the Talmud they have created in the form of published doctrine, doctrine that is valid no matter what the publication date so long as it has not been explicitly changed at a later date. It insists that its followers conform their explanations of Scripture to the official explanation of the organization. It disfellowships or disassociates those who are unwilling to meekly go along with its traditions. It teaches that its followers must have no private opinion on Scripture but must conform to the opinion found in its Talmud, whatever the current opinion may be, and change this opinion only if and/or when the Watchtower Society changes their opinion.

Which is the master of thirdwitness? Which is he like? Jesus, or the Watchtower Society? Which is his teacher?

That is rhetorical, of course.

AuldSoul

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

ThirdWitness Press Conference :

Journalist #1 - Can you answer a question for me?

ThirdWitness - No.

Journalist #2 - Can you answer a question for me?

ThirdWitness - Uhmmm, let me see - No.

Journalist #3 - Can you answer a question for me?

ThirdWitness - What another one! Sorry No.

Journalist #4 - Can you answer a question for me?

ThirdWitness - I have already answered it one hundred times, but for the sake of onlookers, I will answer it again - No.

Journalist #5 - Can you answer a question for me?

ThirdWitness - No, or to put it another way - No.

Journalist #6 - Can you answer a question for me?

ThirdWitness - Well, let me put it another way for those who need it handed on a silver platter - No.

ThirdWitness - Well, as I have answered all your questions, I guess we can wrap up this news conference.

HS

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Time for more satire, I think.

(As posted on H20 way back in January after lengthy tussling with T-wit!)

There's a hole in my reas'nin', dear Al, dear Al,

There's a hole in my reas'nin', dear Al, a hole.

Then plug it, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, 3Dubya,

Then plug it, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, plug it.

With what shall I plug it, dear Al, dear Al,

With what shall I plug it, dear Al, with what?

With facts, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, 3Dubya,

With facts, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, try facts!

The facts are too straight, dear Al, dear Al,

The facts are too straight, dear Al, too straight.

Then twist 'em, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, 3Dubya,

Then twist 'em, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, twist 'em!

But how can I twist them, dear Al, dear Al,

But how can I twist them, dear Al, just how?

With guesswork, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, 3Dubya,

With guesswork, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, guesswork.

The readers won't buy that, dear Al, dear Al,

The readers won't buy that, dear Al, they won't!

Then MAKE 'em, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, 3Dubya,

Just make 'em, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, MAKE 'em.

But how do I make them, dear Al, dear Al,

But how do I make them, dear Al, just how?

You blind 'em, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, 3Dubya.

You blind 'em, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, blind 'em.

With what do I blind them, dear Al, dear Al,

With what do I blind them, dear Al, with what?

Use numbers, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, 3Dubya,

Use numbers, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, try them!

The numbers don't work, dear Al, dear Al,

The numbers don't work, dear Al, no way!

Then s t r e t c h ' em, 3 Dubya, 3Dubya, 3Dubya,

You can stretch 'em, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, stretch 'em.

But how can I stretch them, dear Al, dear Al,

Just how can I stretch them, dear Al? Tell me how.

Add twenty, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, 3Dubya,

Add twenty, 3Dubya, 3Dubya, twenty.

But that's the hole in my reas'nin', dear Al, dear Al,

That's the hole in my reas'nin', dear Al, a BIG hole.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I lack Frank's ability with cartoons, but this one comes to mind at the end of this thread.

Knocked Out Boxer Claims Victory

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit