The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

AlanF: Before I deal with any more of your nonsense, thirdwitness, you must answer a pile of my previous posts. It's evident that in your desperation you're just spewing out as much BS as you can to see what sticks, and to muddy the waters of discussion, and to avoid dealing with those posts, among those of many other posters. But we're teflon on this forum.

By saying you're like teflon are you saying that your interpretations have gone to the pot?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

thirdwitness,

Which is honesty: Stating something as absolute, undeniable, certain fact and then changing it later, or stating uncertainty and explaining the reasons for the uncertainty by revealing many different possibilities that have not been ruled out?

AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Did he become king of God's kingdom before 61CE while still waiting for his enemies to be placed as a stool or not?

Heavens no! I already answered this a long time back. You didn't respond to my question for you, and I know why you didn't respond.

Ephesians 1:15-23 directly states that the Father had already subjected all things under the feet of Christ. So, the timing would be prior to the writing of Ephesians, whenever you choose to date that writing.

AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

thirdwitness,

Two Points of Pure Speculation On Your Part:

(1) Jesus was the rider of the white horse. The account of the four horsemen does not demonstrate who it was that gave this horseman a crown. The description the JWs give of acts that would correspond to a war king carrying out a conquest to completion is simply silly. Winning court cases? Saving some people who were correctly accused of seditious acts against their government? Building Kingdom Halls and branches? Judging sheep and goats? Your "War King" hasn't been waging a war over the past 100 years.

This was a key speculation, because it compelled you to tie together two portions of Scripture that are not tied together and come up with incorrect and unsubstantiable assumptions. We both know you didn't come up with these, but you seem determined to keep up that pretense so I will let you.

(2) That the kingdom began at the same time as the parousia. The visit of a dignitary would not be likely at the same time as the coronation. Also, as several here have established Scripturally, the First Century Christians believed and taught that they were already "transferred into the kingdom of the son of his love", that they were a priesthood and a nation (nations have rulers), and that Jesus caused them to be a kingdom. People being a nation and a kingdom requires the rulership of a king.

You have yet to answer MANY of my questions. I think I am most curious about your response to my three questions regarding the Watchtower Society's 10-year Association to the UN/DPI.

AuldSoul

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

"Truly I say to YOU that THIS generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." Matt. 24:34

Did Jesus speak these words in 1914?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

"Truly I say to YOU that there are some of those STANDING HERE that will not taste death at all UNTIL FIRST THEY SEE the Son of Man COMING IN HIS KINGDOM." Matt. 16:18

Thirdwitness, did you ever hear of Preterits?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

How many people died in an earthquake in 1915? 1916? 1917? 1918? 1919? Does anybody have the answers? I'm just curious if there really was a minimum of 16,000 who died in each of those years from an earthquake.

If those numbers can be had, how about 1913, 1912, 1911, 1910 and 1909?

I am not sure how to gain the accurate numbers to my question and I just want to see.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    "Truly I say to YOU that THIS generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." Matt. 24:34

Did Jesus speak these words in 1914?

I had never thought of that before. What an eyeopener.

• zagor
    zagor

Well I stayed away from this discussion because I’m still not 100% certain about complete accuracy of either JW or scholarly chronology. On historical time-scale 20 years is not a helluva lot to pinpoint historically exact date of anything, after all that's why most historians usually give a time period of when something happened rather than exact date. In any case, I’m an electronics engineer and not a historian so I can’t argue too much about that.
    However, what bothers me is that most JW somehow miss the whole point. So please brothers and sisters open up you bibles again on Daniel chapter 4 verses 16 and 17.
    So I’ll quote it from my bible

…. And let a beast’s heart be given onto him; and let seven times pass over him. 17. The sentence is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones; to the intent that the living know that the Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will. (Daniel 4:16, 17)

Did you notice what had to happen after seven times have passed? Yes indeed ‘that the living know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of man, and give it to whomsoever he will. When Nebuchdnezzar got over his sickness he indeed gave glory to the Hebrew god according to bible as you can read in the same chapter verse 34.

And at the end, of the days I Neb-u-chad-nez’zar, lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the Most High, and I praised and honored him that liveth for ever, for his dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom from generation to generation …. (Daniel 4:34)

Henceforth, if we are to talk about greater fulfillment of above prophecy we should see that at the end of that time period something similar occur on a grander scale, i.e. that living recognize that the Most High rules over the world and give it to whomsoever he wants.
    My question to you is: How was that fulfilled in 1914? How did people finally realize in 1914 that the Most High rule over the kingdom of men and give it to whomsoever he wants?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    jayhawk1: How many people died in an earthquake in 1915? ; 1916? ; 1917? ; 1918? ; 1919? Does anybody have the answers?

Maybe you can find some answers through this link?

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit