The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thirdwitness said,

Then AlanF quotes scholars that might agree with him and dismisses all scholars who might disagree with him as being dispensationalists and various Bible students. So what? How many scholars can you quote that believe God is a Trinity. Bible proof overrides 'scholars'.

For the record I agree with this reasoning.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

What about this?
    24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead , if possible, even the chosen ones.

I still haven't seen any sign of that nor have I heard news of any wonders or great signs. Lots of false prophets but no Christ yet performing any miracles wonders or great signs . The closest thing to that would be a few groups of people that thought they were getting picked up by spaceships or killing themselves to get to a better place and the leaders they followed didn’t exactly perform anything wondrous. The entire world, with the exception of a few idiots, knew they were crackpots.

if possible, even the chosen ones.

This indicates to me that LOTS of people from, assuming, around the world would be fooled, intelligent people, not just a few idiots grasping onto anything. The taliban flew into the twin towers for virgins but no one has yet convinced people from all nations and languages to believe they or anybody else is a Christ. So far all the great signs have pissed off lots of people but not fooled most into believing something divine has happened or is happening.

will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead

This has not happened yet so it should happen any minute now since we are out of time.

plm

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

And I would also like to state this:

People in Noah's day took no note of God. Whether they knew of Noah or not they still took no note. Many people knew of Noah and took no note of God. Perhaps some people didn't know about Noah and they also didn't take note of God. A righteous person would have been distressed by the happenings on the earth and would have taken note. That his why Noah got God's attention. Because he took note. And so he was warned and preached and acted up the knowledge he had. Anyone who took note would have been gotten Jehovah's attention and received the warning.

The same is true of Sodom. Anyone who took note of God would have gotten Jehovah's attention and received the warning. Lot received the warning.

So likewise the taking no note today. Many people have been talked to by JWs or know of them and take no note of the true God, Jehovah. Some do not know anything about JWs and they also take no note of God. If you think that JWs will have to speak to every single person on the planet before Armageddon comes you are wrong. Jehovah can read hearts and is well aware of anyone righteous taking note of him and I am confident that he will draw these to him.

Conclusion: The taking of no note in the days of Noah, Lot, and the Son of man, does not just include those that did not listen to the warning that they may have received from God's servants. It includes everyone who took no note of God regardless. Any righteous ones on earth distressed by world conditions can take note of God and search for him and they will find him. Jehovah will see to that.

• PMJ2
    PMJ2

ozzie said and your multiple registrations will do nothing to improve that! I'm thinking of re-naming this "The Troll Thread". first of all i havent made multiple registrations.second.i find calling me a troll insulting.and if you read the posting gidelines your not ment to do that

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

PLM: This indicates to me that LOTS of people from, assuming, around the world would be fooled, intelligent people, not just a few idiots grasping onto anything.

You don't have to look far to find intelligent ones that have been misled about the parousia of Christ. Just look around on this DB.

Many have been misled by the great signs of Robert King, Carl Jonnson, Alan Fuerbach, Ray Franz, etc etc. And I'm sure it will get worse up until Armageddon.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    People in Noah's day took no note of God. Whether they knew of Noah or not they still took no note. Many people knew of Noah and took no note of God. Perhaps some people didn't know about Noah and they also didn't take note of God. A righteous person would have been distressed by the happenings on the earth and would have taken note. That his why Noah got God's attention. Because he took note. And so he was warned and preached and acted up the knowledge he had. Anyone who took note would have been gotten Jehovah's attention and received the warning.

TW, Are you equating "NOAH and the ARK" to the WTS and GB? Today our ARK is the Scriptures....and ONLY the scriptures. NOT a fallible, greedy man-made organization.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Ray Franz didn't mislead anyone when he left. If anybody had an axe to grind, it was him and he didn't. Try reading the book and tell me what part is far fetched. If anything, he sugar coated over much of it. The other authors I have not read, and what great sign has Alan performed? If you want a good quick read, go to Freeminds.org and read Gary Buss' essays.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    The same is true of Sodom. Anyone who took note of God would have gotten Jehovah's attention and received the warning. Lot received the warning.

TW,

Well, if two Angels came to my home, why I wouldn't do as they say? The two Angels came only to his home not to anybody else's. Even at that, he delayed so badly that the Angels had to grab Lot and his family, just to save them.

There is another thread started today detailing what a scumbag Lot was if you care to add insight. But you won't because you know I'm right.

• PMJ2
    PMJ2

jayhawk said Ray Franz didn't mislead anyone when he left. he didnt leave he was disfellowshipped.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Shows you what you know. He left. He was a participating member of some congergation in South Carolina. (It has been years since I read the book so it might be another state.) He wasn't disfellowshipped until after he was seen having lunch with his disfellowshipped employer.

PMJ, don't post unless you know what you are talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit