The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Steve: The letter I posted was written by the man who Runs the DPI. If there is anyone one the planet who would know whether all organizations holding NGO status would have to comply with the rules of the United Nations, it would be him. Not an apostate and not a cult representative.

No one has said that the WTS did not comply with the rules. The rules changed. And Paul Hoeffel tells the rules in his letter after the change was made.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Were people arguing with Noah about WHEN the flood would come?

Question for thirdwitness

When Jesus disciples ask him how will they know when he returns, why did Jesus answer them “The son of man” rather then you will know when I am here? Or, You won’t know because you’ll be dead by then?

Matt 24:

22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' He got here in 1914 invisibly! do not believe it.

26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

Question for thirdwitness

Is it Jesus “the son of man” or is it Michael the Arc Angle that returned invisibly?

Jesus, the son of man got here invisibly before Michael the Arc Angle visibly gets here and is seen by everyone from the east to the west? No, that can’t be it because he referred to himself as “The son of man”.

It seems clear to me that according to Matt 24: 23 & 27 there could be nothing to argue about.

What did he mean by this? Matt 24: 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

plm

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Yes, sorry, 10 righteous men. I was going from memory. I was wrong. Its not like whether it was 5 or 10 has any bearing on the subject at hand. But thanks for pointing that out.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    If you use the highest total for the 1976 China earthquakes of 655,000 then both figures are around 2 million. And even if you don't it is still true that deaths from earthquakes since 1914 are about equal to deaths from earthquakes in the centuries before 1914. And it has only been 92 years since 1914. The total will continue to rise. But the total before 1914 will get no higher.

Once again, thirdwitness, these are reports of earthquakes ON RECORD. What does that term mean? Are more earthquakes recorded within the past 100 years? Possibly. Does that mean there ARE more? No. The same goes for number who have died. The only historical earthquake deaths we have to go on are those that were recorded. Recording of all types of data has increased significantly in the past 100 years, but that is no reason to assume Jesus was enthroned in 1914.

AuldSoul

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

We pointed out more than it just being 10 people instead of 5. Go back and read it again!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    About as many people have died in earthquakes since 1914 as all the years previous to 1914.

False, and I am sure you must know that. What is your source for such a comment? As many people died from earthquakes in the 1200's alone as in the 1900's. I see you conveniently quote an incomplete list. Try the Encyclopedia Britanica and you will find

1201 Upper Egypt or Syria

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thirdwitness,

Why doesn't the official JW site have the information your site has about the NGO rule changes? I would think that would clear up a lot for the average JW if it was true. It would help their credibility if the info you post on your site was on theirs. But the fact I have not seen this on the official JW sites tells me you don't have all your facts strait.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

plmkrzy: 23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' He got here in 1914 invisibly! do not believe it.

26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Actually what Jesus said supports the teachings of JWs that the presence of the Son of man would be invisible. The scripture says:

23 “Then if anyone says to YOU , ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU . 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU , ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

False Christs will visibly come on the scene but you are not to believe them because Christ is not coming back visibly. If someone says he is in the wilderness or he's here or he's there don't believe it because he is not coming back visibly. His presence will be like lightning that covers the whole sky so that everyone will be able to see it if they look. Jesus' whole point was that he is not coming back visibly. The result is that no one can claim he is the Christ because of that fact. Coming on the clouds denotes invisibility. Also the Bible says that since Jesus' ressurection to heaven that no man can see him. He also told his disciples in John 14:19 that the world would behold him no more.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

If Jesus was to be presently invisable, why can't the scripture just say so? Again, you are relying on the interpretations of man to make your arguement.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

jayhawk1,

Though the Criteria for Association to the UN/DPI (which, by definition, none but Associates are bound to uphold) has seen some adjustment over the years, the overriding and primary criterion has ALWAYS been support for the purposes (and therefore, the principles) of the UN Charter. That criterion has never changed since the UN/DPI began to allow NGOs to Associate to it.

thirdwitness won't answer the three questions I asked him to answer because he knows he has misrepresented the situation between the Watchtower Society and the UN/DPI.

Just as he has misrepresented the situation with Sodom; Sodom was NOT given any warning. The people did not KNOW what was about to happen, just as in the days of Noah and the days of the Son of Man.

Just as he misrepresented the situation with regard to the reliability of secular history. The two copies of the Adda-Guppi stele do not show two different lengths of years, one 6 years and the other 9 years. One published authority mistranslated the symbol on one of the stelae, but several authorities predating and following correctly translated both copies as 9 years. In other words, the error was one of an authority making a mistake in translation, NOT an error on the examined stele itself.

Knowingly misleading others is deceit. Jesus was without deception.

1 Peter 2:21-22 In fact, to this [course] YOU were called, because even Christ suffered for YOU, leaving YOU a model for YOU to follow his steps closely. He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth.

I'm sure thirdwitness does not follow in the steps of this model closely.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit