...How Long did You Lurk?...

by OUTLAW 33 Replies latest jw friends

• acadian
    acadian

A couple of days, I'm still lurking though.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think about 6 months before I put the effort into getting a password. I'm better at lurking than posting so I still spend more time on the lurking side when I have the time to look in.

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

I lurked a couple of days...got scared and left for about a month. The things I read here kept nagging at me, so I came back and lurked for a couple of weeks and then joined. This site saved me and my family. I am so grateful!

• done4good
    done4good

Within a day or two. By the time I started to consider ex-jw sites, most of my decisions about the org. were already made. The folks here seemed friendly enough for me so the decision was easy.

j

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I lurked at the H2O site when the freeminds.org site would put links up to it. Then who knows what happened over there to cause people to come to this site. Freeminds.org began linking to this site. It was shortly after that, that I decided I had enough courage to post.

• anewme
    anewme

For me it was UNDER 5 minutes! As fast as I could get registered I said hello to all!
    This was just what I'd been looking for!!!

You all were actually SAYING and WRITING ideas I felt but never verbalized or even DARED TO THINK!!!

You clarified for me many of my frustrations and gut felt anger with the borg.

And you made me LAUGH MY GUTS OUT!!! (Due to the dfing, I hadnt laughed for years)

• TheListener
    TheListener

I read the board every day for 2 1/2 years. In that time I had to decide what I felt was right and wrong about the truth. I had to slowly disentangle myself from the beast.

When I found this site it was by accident. I felt that if I could just research things, 607 would make sense. I have tons of pages printed out from old discussion threads on various boards regarding 607. After reading what I felt were the most educated posters on the subject (for and against) I just couldn't believe I fell for all of it. I still don't know how those posters sell this crap to others.

I had to stop serving in the congregation, tell my immediate family how I felt, tell extended family how I felt, suffer the consequences and start my life all over again.

Thank you all so much for being here for me over the years.

• thepackage
    thepackage

2 years.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello This is my first time posting here. I lurked about 30 days, 1 month. My log in name is jaguarbass. It has nothing to do with fishing. It has to do with music as in a bass guitar made by fender. I am a musician among other things. I am 53 years old. I was raised as a witness. What a terrible experience! I left the organization in 1983 at about 31 years old. My wife left about 10 or so years latter. Many of my in laws are still stuck on stupid. My mother and brother left about 10 years ago. My father was never a witness. He even used to burn all my mothers literature when I was a child, but she persisted. I pioneered for a year. Was a ministerial servant for a couple of years. I probably gave about 10 public talks. By the time I was 31 too many things didnt add up. I new I could not let the blind lead me. I started researching by reading books as their was no internet that I was aware of. I found many inconsistencies and contradictions in the organization. I then read the bible cover to cover 5 times making notes and reading about 3 different translations. I am now at the point where I feel the bible is full of contradictions and it is used to controll the masses. Its a great con game. I really dont know the purpose or meaning of life, or where man came from, Other than I know any who tries to answer these questions for me doesnt know the answers either. Maybe its a journey. I have some hypothesises that I may share down the road but there only that. No one gets out alive! I was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio. I Moved to Florida in 1981 and have been hear ever since. Just another day in paradise. I have been away from the troof for so long that much of my anger has melted. Maybe its just being 53 years old. By the way my wife and I were never disfelloshiped We just walked away. I would recomend walking away to getting disfellowshiped as family member can still interact with you. I am going to a family picnic on labor day probaly 90% witnesses. I am only going to please my wife, she just wants to spend some time with her family. And they are my inlaws. For the most part we all have a civil nontheocratic relationship. Dont answer the door when the witnesses nock and screen your phone calls eventually they all just fade away. When I see a witness who is not a family member I just treat them as a worldly person, just a passerby not a long lost friend. If you dont give them a chain, they cant yank it. Well I got to go to sleep now. I work midnights talk to you all later.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome jaguar bass and thanks for sharing your story!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit