...How Long did You Lurk?...

by OUTLAW 33 Replies latest jw friends

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

a few hours.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Three months . After I saw a show about cults on Dr Phil and Steve Hussen's website was quoted . I started looking at different forbidden sites and Freeminds led me to here . Thank you DR Phil

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I was around when Simon started it but only read posts.Then a couple times I posted but was too blond to remember passwords and such. People on AOL would read JWD and pass information around. I have made alot of friends on AOL during this time and we all helped in a chat room for the newly disfellowshipped. We just tried to be there for anyone having a hard time. A safe place to chat. The dubs would attack us and there was a group of highly emotional active dubs that would drop in to spew hatred and wish us dead.

This forum was the number ONE information center and we all appreciated that.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

A couple of days.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

About 15 minutes.

I had just woken up to what had been done to me when I found JWD.

It was a real breath of fresh air to find that I was not alone.

Thanks Simon.

Cheers

Chris

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

About 2 years, maybe a little more. I feel like I've grown more in those 2 years than at any other time of my life.
    I was raised in it but never baptized, started studying again, then Googling, and the rest is history! I'm indebted to everyone here... believe me when I state that lurkers LOVE this place and they desperately NEED this place! Sometimes it's just reassuring to know you're not crazy (well, much) but what I appreciate the most is all the solid research that's been shared so freely and the open debates. The light DOES get brighter!
    ~Sue

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

A couple days for me. I saw other witness discussion forums, but the comments were too vitriolic for my taste. I saw nice caring people and thought, "Here is where I plan my escape."

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I had to sign on right away because I had been such an active participant in the AOL JW chat rooms and the "other" boards that I needed to have this fix! The AOL chat rooms have become a non entity, regulated and regulated past being of any interest any more. At least Simon gives us a place to vent! and I believe...to save people from this cult.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Lurked on the old H2O for about a year.

Lurked here for a couple of months.

But I still don't post all that much.

• earthtone
    earthtone

I saw the site a year ago, but wasn't ready so I immediately closed it when I saw ex-jehovah's witness advertising. I think I thought it was for active JW's to converse.

But about after attending this last convention, I was ready. They had a part talking about how Jehovah loves the elderly, and I just keep sitting thinking about all those people who had been patiently waiting for this world to end and nothing happened. I started imaging myself there. And with all my doubts about the blood issue and the "generation" issue, I was like no way.

I read one post and was registered 5min later and posted my story maybe a day or so later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit