WAS THERE ANY MENTAL INSTABILITY IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I would say around 30% of the publishers in my current congregation are mentally unstable. And at 10% are on some kind of psychotropic drug.

• Asheron
    Asheron

My brother suffere-d-s? from deep depression I believe as a result of repressed sexual guilt. The guilt trips over sexual feelings (primarily masturbation) we all heard didnt faze me but it seemed to drive my brother deeper and deeper down. To this day he has real problems with anything even remotely sensual, even a slightly suggestive word sends him into an internal word somewhere. Just the type of guy they want in Bethel....shesh

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I will have to rephrase the question; were there any stable people in my congo?

NO.

Denial, cognitive dissonence, and a whopping dose of neurosis was the norm.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

At one time there was 7 people being medicated for schitophrenia or similar mental conditions in Parramatta congregation, which seems very high as a percentage. That does not include the untold numbers doing antidepressants.

• poodlehead
    poodlehead

Everyone I knew was mentally unstable. But so is a lot of people who are not JW's. There were a lot of people who needed others. At one time we had a group of women form a little group who had been raped as children. The were trying to help each other and were asked and then told to stop meeting together. The elders told them it was not constructive and they were becoming a sect. As someone who also was molested I thought this would be great, but men who couldn't possible understand must know better. Some left and others gave in.

How sad. Raped as a child and then by your religion.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Crazy story, freetosee. I weep for any funk records that got smashed...

Yeah, dubs are insane in the membrane, no joke. Of the 7 dub relatives I have (including immediate family), 3 have depression, 1 is schizophrenic and the other is schizotypal/bipolar.

Roybatty nailed it on the head. There are so many crazy dubs because here they are accepted and given friends.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

heeeheeeheee, hahahahahahah, heeheeheehee, hahahahaha, I'm laughhing sssssooooooo hard, I don't have time to start on this one. Be back after work!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Yeah, dubs are insane in the membrane, no joke. Of the 7 dub relatives I have (including immediate family), 3 have depression, 1 is schizophrenic and the other is schizotypal/bipolar.

Yep, got that in my family too, mainly among the ones who are jws. Didn't help having a mentally unstable mother too. Now it seems her craziness has rubbed off on my father.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Does a bear poop in the woods? So much depression in JW land. I am sure many of us here had typical manic depressives, senility, etc. etc. The sad thing is that many of these people know that they need help and dont seek psychiatric help. They'd rather eat herbs and do body cleanses instead.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

women beating babies in the bathroom for crying during the meeting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit