Kingdom Hall Experiences

by KW13 48 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

i wouldn't know, as far as i know were all ex-jw's and were discussing experiences from whenever.

i am 17, mine was more recent than most but still a few years ago.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Most annoying...

There was this one elder, that everyone like worshipped because he was a good speaker/teacher. Well he always thought it was his job to tell me what was modest. I didn't wear stocking with a skirt..Not modest. I wore a skirt that came to my knee and not below... Not modest (really pissed because most of the other sister did too!). V-neck blouse, instead of scoop...not modest. And I was not even 15 at the time. He got on my freakin nervous, because he always made sure to point to a sister who was more modestly dress than I.

Now I don't know if this has any significance but he got Df'd for commiting adultery.... maybe I was inciting him to lust, who knows!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    maybe I was inciting him to lust, who knows!

you're inciting me to lust... lol

ok... sorry for being off-topic... lol

• earthtone
    earthtone

lol @ open fire!

• Arthur
    Arthur

When I was teenager, we attended a Kingdom Hall that was really close to a major airport. On cloudy, or rainy nights, when planes have to circle around at low altitudes, you could hear the occasional loud roar of a airliner. Sometimes, when a brother was in the middle of his talk, he would stop for a few seconds until the plane went by. There was a running joke in our hall, that it was Satan guiding the plane over the Kingdom Hall to disrupt the meeting. (a few actually believed this to be true). I got so sick of hearing that crap. Very few of them stopped to think that the airport was built long before our Kingome Hall was.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

The hall I was raised in was located pretty much in a poor urban area of the city. For some reason, once or twice a month some car blaring Rap music would drive painfully slow through the parking lot. All we could hear insider was the bass, and the kids from like 7 up would all bob their heads to the beat. Those weere the glory days.

There was a bush in the parking lot that grew some weird form of berries. If I screwed up out in service , when we got back to the hall, I would have to get out and find a switch on that damn bush. Pick one too weak, mom would pick a new one. Pick one too thick, it'd tear my ass up. Then she'd throw it across the dash of the car for the rest of the day, and wave it at me.

my mother used to study with a recovering cocaine addict. The woman had a 2 or 3 year old son, who wasn't all there because his mom still used while she was carrying him. Mom would "watch" the son so the woman could concentrate on the meetings. She used to beat the shit out of that kid, because at that point I was 9 or 10 and she couldn't toss me around like that. I remember one time he was sitting in the chair, and was slowly scooting forward to get out of the seat. Right as he was about to slip out, mom caught him by sticking her indexx finger down his diaper. SO there she was holding this dangling kid by her finger, and I let out the biggest guffaw ever. She dropped the kid flat on his face, and slapped me so hard the elders counseled her before she could go home. Then i got another spanking at home for gettig her in trouble.

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

When my family went to do the ol "serve where the need is great" shit, it was just our family at the meeting, we would sit around the kitchen table and have a "normal" meeting. This would include the 3 of us singing kingdom songs and my dad asking the questions in the watchtower, if we wanted to answer we would have to put our hands up... What a crock!!!

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

where do i begin??
    daddio was big on beatings. i have seen more tham my fair share of libraries, men's restrooms and the good outdoors. he also liked to twist ears and pinch thighs as a *warning*, and then another good belting once we got home for good measure. "put your head in the pillow so the neighbors don't hear you crying". what an asshole f**k.

sitting in the front row because we were the perfect jw fam damily, with perfectly studied watchtowers from that morning, and return visit plans for after congregation pot luck...gross.

i lived next door to a kingdom hall from 11 to 17. lovely times. lovely. if we skipped service or meeting, you could bet $$ some dick ass goody two shoes ass would be over in two seconds pounding on the door to see what was up.

love the post on the unleavened bread. we all ate it...washed it down with the blood wine.

need i mention elders meetings???? three perverts and one of me.
    did he play with your breasts?
    what. like ping pong?

the horrible singing. the 10 minute prayers begging for forgiveness where you actually fall asleep twice in between. hall announcements. the microphone attendants. the abused co-dependant wives agreeing that their men are head of the household (my ass.)

i love this site. this is seriously the best thing that could have ever happened to me. thanks.

• Gill
    Gill

I love this thread!

It's brought back so many bad, bad memories BUT it's like an innoculation against the crazy witnesses.

Thanks All!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    daddio was big on beatings. i have seen more tham my fair share of libraries, men's restrooms and the good outdoors. he also liked to twist ears and pinch thighs as a *warning*, and then another good belting once we got home for good measure. "put your head in the pillow so the neighbors don't hear you crying". what an asshole f**k.

ditto that....

i love this site. this is seriously the best thing that could have ever happened to me. thanks.

... and that too...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit