Kingdom Hall Experiences

by KW13 48 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

The brutality of some parents towards their children. Not just the smackings that happened for the most ridiculous reasons but the cruel mind games some used to play. Ooooh dear what a truly warped bunch they are.

My ex was relating to me the other day how she remembered one young father smacking his 3 WEEK old son for crying and saying "Now you know Jehovah thinks you're naughty for crying don't you?". Sooo much abuse goes on.

Peace

Lowden

• Arthur
    Arthur
    This would include the 3 of us singing kingdom songs and my dad asking the questions in the watchtower, if we wanted to answer we would have to put our hands up... What a crock!!!

LOL !!! That's hilarious! That's like something that you would see in a Mel Brooks film. Oh, that's grand.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    i love this site. this is seriously the best thing that could have ever happened to me. thanks.

And, we're glad that you're here too wonderwoman.

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

Was it a really common thing for people to get the giggles when they were giving presentations in your halls? I remember doing demo's and if the demo not going the way it was supposed to or I would forget what I was meant to say, it would set me off and I would start laughing. It would then get rediculous and I would be in hysterics laughing uncontrolably, normally I would start the person I was doing the demo with laughing as well. Im sure it was nerves, or maybe it was the little voice inside my head telling me what was going on was a joke!!!

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

BTW What was it with demo's, and how were they in any way expected to reflect reality?

• KW13
    KW13
    Was it a really common thing for people to get the giggles when they were giving presentations in your halls? I remember doing demo's and if the demo not going the way it was supposed to or I would forget what I was meant to say, it would set me off and I would start laughing. It would then get rediculous and I would be in hysterics laughing uncontrolably, normally I ;would start the person I was doing the demo with laughing ;as well. Im sure it was nerves, or maybe it was the little voice inside my head telling me what was going on was a joke!!!

i've done similar lol.

BTW What was it with demo's, and how were they in any way expected to reflect reality?

i have NO IDEA but i always felt stupid! - a lot of experiences here, some are very sad with parents being what i would say is abusive.

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

I always ended up being taken to the back to be spanked too. I just could NOT sit still. I don't know what little kid can. My mom stopped most of the spankings after I went to school though because she got questioned about bruises on me.

Our old hall was set up weird. There were wide stairs when you came in the door and the stage and chairs were all upstairs. Downstairs was the 2nd school, bathrooms and library. I was going downstairs to use the restroom. I was about 9, and my friend's mom came out of the hall carrying his little sister and yelling at her that she was going to get it good. She passed me on the stairs, and she had a look of pure rage on her face. She held the girl up in the hallway as she spanked her and the girl slipped and fell on the floor. She was about 3 or 4, and she hit her head on the cement and was knocked out. The mom just stood there staring at her, no attempt to pick her up or check to see if she was breathing, nothing. I ran upstairs and got someone, and the girl was fine, thankfully. I would think that having something like that happen might make you look into some other type of discipline, but the spankings never stopped until a few years later when the mom took off with some guy and left the husband with the 4 kids.

On a different note, while helping to clean the hall, I would always find toenail clippings in this one area. I always tried to figure out who it was since most of them always sit in the same seats, but I never figured out who it was. ICK

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

Oh, and in response to whether the spankings are still going on.... My mom has taken my 4 year old to the meetings a few times when he has stayed with her. She knows better than to ever hit him, and it's once in a great while, so I gave her permission to take him. I was glad she thought to ask me first, but she won't be taking him again because of what happened the last time.

There is a boy there that is about 2 years older than him, and the boys like each other. My mom usually sits in the second school when my son went with her because 'surprise, surprise', he can't sit through a 2 hour long meeting either! His friend's mom brought the son into the second school and spanked him for talking during the meeting. My son started screaming and crying right along with his friend because he didn't understand what was going on. My son has never been spanked, and he's really only seen a child get one smack on a clothed or diapered butt in the past. From what I understand, the boy was laid over his mom's lap and his pants pulled down and he was hit 3 or 4 times.

I asked my mom if the spankings still go on all the time, and she said there are quite a few in her hall that do. I didn't appreciate having to explain to my son why some parents hit their kids. It wasn't something I thought about when I said she could take him there. All those poor kids :(

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I never got spanked that much as my Dad didn't like doing it, my mum usually did. However one time when I was wee I let off a fire extinguisher (? not sure about the spelling there sorry) and got taken into the gents and and given a couple of slaps.

Sometimes if I was moving about in my seat I would get the stealthy nip on the leg instead of the loud smack and let me tell you that nip was sore

All the best to you all

BM of the sore bum class, not!!!

• Warlock
    Warlock

I remember this brother in our circuit who used to come to our hall 2 times a year to give the public talk.

No matter what the theme was, IT WAS ALWAYS THE SAME TALK!

Same one liners, everything. He was funny, though, and even though it was the same, it was entertaining.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit