Kingdom Hall Experiences

by KW13 48 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

I hated it when this one particular elder gave the closing prayer. He was the biggest, most sanctimonious, annoying dope of all the elders and would use the prayer to lecture the congregation. He'd always say junk like "and please help us not to do such and such" or "We all need to remember blah, blah, blah" but you knew he wasn't really including himself in the "us" and "we". Jackass.

• KW13
    KW13
    I hated it when this one particular elder gave the closing prayer. ; He was the biggest, most sanctimonious, annoying dope of all the elders and would use the prayer to lecture the congregation. ; He'd always say junk like "and please help us not to do such and such" or "We all need to remember blah, blah, blah" but you knew he wasn't really including himself in the "us" and "we". ; Jackass.

they are big headed, i can imagine how frustrating that is.

there was also a quiet, old man, who was always adjusting his hearing aid...then it would play up the sound system and we'd all get a high pitched whistle that hurt your ears.

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

Katiekitten:

Getting spanked by someone elses parents. That was a real bummer.

*badum-tish*

Seriously, though, where else but in a terminally dysfunctional environment like the WT/KH would that sort of behaviour be even remotely tolerated? Out in the 'wicked world' you'd feel the long arm of the law - if the parents didn't dispense their own justice first

On the same theme, just wanted to share something that came rushing back out of nowhere for me the other day...I recalled the times my JW mum gave me a thumping - not the simple smacked arse/legs routine, but (as I got a bit older), a real thumping with fists - on the body, never any 'instruments' used, and not hard enough to leave any bruises (as far as I can *recall*), but still...a hell of a thing for a mother to do...last time was 12 (for swearing), though the very last time she touched me was a slap when I was about 14 (can't remember what for now).

Of course, we're all grownups now...I love my mum very much, she loves me to bits, and I'm very lucky to have a relationship with her at all these days for obvious reasons (though I think the legal nicety of never having been baptised made all the difference there).

As I say, a hell of a thing, viewed from the perspective of age, and something that's given me a little understanding (if not unqualified agreement) with the views of the 'no physical discipline' brigade.

That said, given that that sort of behaviour's based on the twisted interpretation of a culture that stoned its own children to death (and which nearly saw me dead in the womb through the blood issue), I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

How about concluding talks - I mean prayers. I timed one once at EIGHT minutes! We used to call the brother Eden to Armaggedon, because he had to touch on both and everything in between. Oh how I would have loved to shout "shut the F*%$ up!"

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Most annoying.................

A white "brother" talking to a black couple. " I know you two will be happy in the "new order" when you get to go back to Africa,"

• mama1119
    mama1119

BikerChic.....

We had a lady just like that...she would pick at her ears all meeting long and look at it, it was so gross, how much stuff did she think she had in there that she needed to pick like that.

I also used to get irritated because we had this family with 5 girls, and they each one of them, had to have a baby or toddler on their laps at tall times, so they were always up and down with these different babies, exchanging babies, etc.

And then we had this old German lady that we always had to go out in service with, AND SHE HAD NO DRIVERS LICENSE...she would literally come to a dead stop in the MIDDLE of the road to look at territory cards, she would pull u-turns out of nowhere, used to scare the living daylights out of me.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I can remember a very poor member with four small boys and one girl for a total of 5kids and she was alone.

She would always sit near the front. If her boys got out of hand which was a given on Thursday nights, there was always a sickening march to the back for all to see with her boys held firmley by the short hairs on the top of their heads. They all had crew cuts, but she was adapt at grabbing those noggins. She kept a wooden paddle hanging on the back of the women's bathroom door.

No one ever said a word. You could hear the screaming as they were being hit. What was amazing was the perfect little boys marching back up this aisle. No heaves, or sobs. ..... you could see the pink, tear stained cheeks but never a whimper.

I would love to know where these boys are today. Probably drug addicts, in jail etc.

Dogs normally are not treated this bad, but anything was OK in the KH...Train those damn kids. Get 'em use to listening to authority.

Beat the hell out of 'em.

I was usually beat at home when I was little, either for embarassing my mother in front of a circuit or district jerk, or in earlier years my brothers misbehaved so we all got it.

Beating after beating.

R

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I just didn't want "r" to carry the burden of killing the thread!

• KW13
    KW13
    I can remember a very poor member with four small boys and one girl for a total of 5kids and she was alone.

She would always sit near the front. ; If her boys got out of hand which was a given on Thursday nights, ; there was always a sickening march to the back for all to see with her boys held firmley by the short hairs on the top of their heads. ; They all had crew cuts, but she was adapt at grabbing those noggins. ; ; She kept a wooden paddle hanging on the back of the women's bathroom door.

No one ever said a word. ; You could hear the screaming as they were being hit. ; What was amazing was the perfect little boys marching back up this aisle. ; No heaves, or sobs. ; ..... you could see the pink, tear stained cheeks but never a whimper.

I would love to know where these boys are today. ; Probably drug addicts, in jail etc.

Dogs normally are not treated this bad, but anything was OK in the KH...Train those damn kids. Get 'em use to listening to authority. ;

Beat the hell out of 'em.

I was usually beat at home when I was little, either for embarassing my mother in front of a circuit or district jerk, or in earlier years my brothers misbehaved so we all got it.

Beating after beating.

thats very sad, kids don't need beating!

I just didn't want "r" to carry the burden of killing the thread!

nah thats my job, i'll take it from here

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

Has anyone seen children spanked RECENTLY? (as in, before when it was considered appropriate?) The "rod of discipline" was mentioned in service this morning and I specifically asked my bible study person if that meant they advocated beating children and she very clearly said "NO" that it was a discipline and direction issue NOT beating and spanking.

I need to know if the stories you are telling are recent or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit