view of an American from Afghanistan

by Tatiana 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I agree, Chris. I think I'll start circulating it. Anyone have any TV news email addys. I'll send it there too. Anywhere it can do some good.

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• bajarama
    bajarama

No problem, will just write this attack off and let the whole thing go. We'll just wait to do something until they nuke Washington D.C.

Wake Up People, we can't let this go, or we will end up playing the bitch role. The gun is to are heads, we must act and put these thugs in their place, like six feet under. Yes the cost will be high, but we must play the cards we have been dealt.

DOWN WITH TALIBAN! BEN LADEN I HOPE YOU AND YOUR FOLLOWERS DIE SLOW DEATHS!!

BAJA

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thanks for the post. It sounds like another Vietnam.

Path

• AMOS
    AMOS

Thanks for your comments. Just a couple of questions, is our news in Oz different to yours in US. (1) we have never heard any news comments here (CNN included) that mass bombing was even contemplated for Afghanistan and that (2) Pakistan had already agreed to support the Amercians to let them in. From what we are hearing here, it is this Bin or Ben whathisname they are after - IF AND WHEN they have the evidence that he was involved. Sorry, the Taliban IS the government, even if they just won it through a civil war. Can you clarify. Thanks.

• kilroy
    kilroy

Wow Tatiana!

Thanks for posting this. It changes everything.

Kilroy

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Amos, we are looking for Bin Laden. But from what I've heard on the news here, any country that harbors him or helps him will be on our "bomb" list. I heard this morning that the CIA knew some of these guys that hijacked the planes were in our country with expired Visas.

We can't trust Pakistan. They say one thing and do another. I know they are going to send in ground troops to Afghanistan. So, maybe they will do that first before dropping bombs. I just know a lot of innocent people will continue to die. Unfortunately, it's like gangbangers here in the US. They rarely hit their intended target. Ususally it's the kid across the street.

April

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

April,

I also want to thank you for this post.It helps us to see even clearer that dealing with this in a Gulf War sort of way is not the answer.
    Yes we need to be firm but it needs to be directed at the true enemy.
    As it has already been mentioned, ground troops will be needed to acomplish this.

I wonder if America is ready for this?They have become spoiled to wars depending mainly on technology.It obviously isn't enough.They have to risk their own to get to the bottom of this.
    Ranchette

• AMOS
    AMOS

Thanks Tatiana,
    Everytime we are on the verge of war, or atrocities occur somewhere, as you say, it's the women & kids. I often despair that man never learns. The Syrians were flaying alive their victims thousands of years ago, and on it goes...same story, different or similar methods. Not one country is clean, what's that saying, something like "if you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it". By the way, I had a most beautiful deep red velvet rose once called Tatiana with the most heavenly perfume. This variety had won many medals for its beauty and perfume. Cheers Amos

• claudia
    claudia

msil, i am shocked beyond words. thank you

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Amos, I know no one country is clean. I know our country has done some things I probably will never know about and truthfully don't WANT to know about.
    I just wish there was a way to get rid of these idiots without killing so many innocent men, women, and children who are already living in hell. When I spent a good hour looking at the link msil provided, I just broke down and sobbed. The things humans do to each other is too much to comprehend. But, on the other side of the scale, the love and compassion being shown in NY and around the world makes me sob too.
    Why does it take such a catastophe to bring humans together?

April

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit