view of an American from Afghanistan

by Tatiana 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Julie
    Julie

Amen!! We cannot commit any more atrocities on those poor people (especially the woman and children!). I do think they realize this as there is much talk of ground troops already.

Julie

• msil
    msil

BTT - this is too important.

• TR
    TR

Good info, Tatiana.

I think that the U.S. Government is fully aware of the situation in Afghanistan. That's why they're trying so hard to find the "brains", or lack thereof, behind these terrorist acts. If any bombing is done in Afghanistan, it'll be a smart bomb through Bin Laden's bathroom window while he's on the pot reading "The Terrorist Daily" newspaper.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Amazing piece of writing, April, thanks for sharing it here! Please tell your friend that my heart aches thinking of the suffering of the innocent in her homeland.

I'll tell you what...I wouldn't want anyone bombing the hell out of the US just to kill Timothy McVeigh...or anyone like him.

No easy answers at all...

*hug*
    essie

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I'm glad to see so many can understand why just bombing the entire country would only make things worse. There were a lot of things in the letter I never thought of either.
    I do think they need to find Bin Laden. But, since our CIA trained him, that might be hard. TR, I wish there was a smart enough bomb to find him on his "throne!"
    I think the Taliban is evil. I remember just signing a Human Rights petition for the Afghan women (doctors, lawyers, psychiatrists)who have been made to quit their jobs, made to cover themselves from head to foot, and have been killed for showing an ankle or part of their arm. They need to be stopped.

I'm aware there are many things we will never know about what is actually going on, and I don't know what the solution is, but like Dannybear says, I'd hate to be making the decisions right now.

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Thank you for posting this, Tatiana. I'm glad at this point that no retribution has yet been performed. I've thought about this issue myself, although I haven't understood it thoroughly until reading this post. It will definitely be a difficult situation, and yet something must be done. I just hope they do the right thing.

• Andee
    Andee

Tatiana,

Thanks for posting this. It certainly makes one sit back in their chair and think.

I heard a great quote, not sure who said it originally:

[b]"Revenge is best served cold"

The US has bungled before in it's haste for retaliation. I'm hoping that our leaders keep a cool head.

Andee

• msil
    msil

for more on the suffering of the Afghani people please take a long deep look at this site

http://rawa.fancymarketing.net/report.htm

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

msil, thank you for providing that link. I knew some of the things that were happening over there. A lot of these things were on the petition I signed. But this is just too overwhelming. Who the hell do these idiots think they are?????? And why has no one tried to put a stop to it??? Is this what they want to do to all the women in the world??

Getting angrier by the minute.

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

Powerful. I wish every American news organization would give priority coverage to this message, and that every American would read it. It's so important that this rational point of view prevail in the debate now underway as to how America should react to this atrocity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit