Thirdwitness -- An Agent of the Governing Body?

by AlanF 156 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Scholar and thirdwitness wouldn't dare get so heavy into proving 607/UN/Child Abuse policy unless they had 'permission'.

I'm sure the same could have been(or might have been) said about You Know. And We Know how that one turned out in the end....

• Forscher
    Forscher
    This thread is not I believe, intended to commit to paranoia, it is merely exploring the possibilities that by ThirdWitness and associates visiting this Board they are making a concerted effort to turn the tide on the 607BCE debate, and appeal to the lurking JW's who read this board. And that they also might have the backing of their puppetmasters, rather than being completely in control of their own outpu.

Not that it matters much, as while they are busy slapping themselves on the back and claiming victory they cannot see the water around their ankles and feel the sinking ship beneath them. Anyone who can read can pierce their bluster with ease.

HS

I would like to go on the record as agreeing with your assessment HS. I also agree with your comment in the first paragraph, "I rarely if ever met any JW's at congregation level with the depth of 'knowledge' of ThirdWitness and his band of Musketeers." That was my experience as well and it has alot to do with why I think Alan is on to something.
    Forscher

• Jourles
    Jourles

Just because you have never met another r&f jw that appeared to have the knowledge of tw or scholar, does not mean there are no other r&f jws that could have this same knowledge. My old personal bible study conductor that I had while growing up(in the Alpine, CA congo) was a wealth of WTS information/doctrine. Everyone in the hall called him the "Walking Aid book." Jeff Peterson was his name(I believe he is in Ramona, CA now). Anyone on the board that may know of him knows what I am talking about. And he never was in bethel or had ties to bethel.

There are a couple of others as well, but the above person stands out in my mind as one of the more brilliant minds that I knew.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Jourles,

Just because you have never met another r&f jw that appeared to have the knowledge of tw or scholar, does not mean there are no other r&f jws that could have this same knowledge.

I did not write that.

I wrote this :

I was a JW for too many years to count, and I rarely if ever met any JW's at congregation level with the depth of 'knowledge' of ThirdWitness and his band of Musketeers. Those very few that I did know of were all working on projects for the WTS in some form or the other. I did this myself on occasion at the behest of the Branch. I was not a Bethelite during this time, worked from my local congregation, but my work was used by the WTS on occasion.

I acknowledge the existence of such people but they are *very* few and far between.

And he never was in bethel or had ties to bethel.

The 'Walking Aid Book' would never have discussed his ties with Bethel, Jourles. It is the very strict policy of the WTS that any researchers both within and without Bethel *never* discuss the work that they are doing, even with their local body of elders.

My point is that people with the level of 'knowledge' of their subject that ThirdWitness and his band have are extremely rare in the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses, and my own experience over very many years, is that this level of 'researcher' is oftne being used by the Branch in some way of the other.

HS

• TheListener
    TheListener

Wow this is a really long thread. And if I learned anything definitely positively at all it's this: I DON'T THINK IT'S FAIR THAT SOMEONE CALLS THEMSELF LISTEN WHEN I AM "THE LISTENER"

Oh excuse me, was I yelling.

There isn't room enough for two people that listen. One listens, that's me. Everyone else talks.

OK Sorry, back to the real topic at hand.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

ROFL @ The Listener...you've 'ad one pint to many, me buck-o. Put down the stein. Put down the stein and step away slowly. And leave that serving wench alone, you don't know where he's been.

As Stan Marsh (South Park) would say to his "alcoholic" dad, "Thash not-ah disha-prine." (quoting his Oriental sensei, "That's not discipline.")

Thanks for the laugh.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• IW
    IW

Apparently the GB sent their "agent" to H2O first. Guess JWD is not the No.1 enemy of the GB afterall.

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=311102&CategoryID=2967&startcat=301&ThreadID=2461224

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Given that Scholar and ThirdWitness have both admitted to being the mouthpiece for a number of advisers, I believe their Board moniker's should be changed to Scholars & Witnesses. If that sounds like some sleazy Skid Row lawyers who specialize in the ambulance chase, then so much the better.

HS

• listen
    listen

Wow this is a really long thread. And if I learned anything definitely positively at all it's this: I DON'T THINK IT'S FAIR THAT SOMEONE CALLS THEMSELF LISTEN WHEN I AM "THE LISTENER"

Oh excuse me, was I yelling.

There isn't room enough for two people that listen. One listens, that's me. Everyone else talks.

OK Sorry, back to the real topic at hand.

FROM NOW ON I ONLY LISTEN TO "THE LISTENER"

• Flash
    Flash
    Any such defense would have to be covert, in the sense that whatever GB member or WTS official leading the charge, or giving the green light, would have to keep all connections to those in the field secret from other JWs. This would be necessary because the Society has directly instructed JWs to avoid the Internet at all costs. It is also a WTS tradition that only those directly appointed by it are allowed to publish public defenses.

Given the above, I have a strong suspicion that thirdwitness and his collaborators are either Bethelites, or JWs with extremely close ties to Bethel, or both, all of whom have been given the green light by Watchtower officials to get on the Internet and do battle with JW critics.

Unfortunately, these defenders have bitten off more than they can chew. Having been steeped in the JW cult for a long time, they've lost the power for independent thought. They think that whatever nonsense the Society puts out should be accepted on the authority of the Society alone. They think that facts are there only to support the Society's claims, and when the facts don't fit, they follow the Society's tradition of ignoring them. They've made an extreme tactical blunder in posting their defenses on a open forum, where critics pay no attention to the Society's claims of authority, and deal with the facts. These defenders simply aren't used to getting their asses kicked in doctrinal debates, because in the JW world, debate does not occur.

What do you think?

AlanF

I wouldn't put it past the GB to sanction a covert operation. They are fully capable of rationalizing 'Wrong into Right' such as LYING disguised as Theocratic (War) Strategy or getting into bed with the UN. I wonder if they make Political Donations anywhere in the world? That wouldn't suprise me either!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit