Thirdwitness -- An Agent of the Governing Body?

by AlanF 156 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

deliceratus,

You complain of repetitiveness, yet continue to circle in ways that do not further discussion. You continue in the juvenile pursuit of asking me to pass judgment on a blatantly fallacious argument for a possibility. (When you respond to my query as to whether it is a possibility, not probable, but a possibility that AlanF is a racist, we will perhaps revisit the issue.) I will take your increasing disjointedness and failure to respond to any of the germane points of my posts (particularly 97) to be the effects of a tardy bedtime.

Yes, indeed a very slippery creature! I will leave it to the readers to trawl your posts and my responses to see just who is being disjointed and juvenile. Structured vocabulary is no substitute for critcal thinking. The two need to be used together to have any meaning, but at least you are half way there.

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

IW,

The idea that most JWs are stupid is an exJW myth. I agree with you, most JW's are not stupid, and I would never describe them as such.

Due to being caught within a high control religion, I would assert that they lack critical thinking skills, seldom do any research of value, many do not even understand their own doctrines and the very few who do take the time to critically examine their own beliefs are few and far between - this comes with the territory. We were all at one time party to one or the other of these intellectual failings.

This board and AlanF himself did more to create 3rd Witness and his friends than the GB could ever do.

ThirdWitness and Scholar and their followers may indeed have been created from the discussions that have taken place regarding the 607BCE issue, what I cannot understand from your comment is whether you believe this to be a good thing, or not. Your comment reads as having a negative slant attached to it, but surely this questioning is a good thing? If we can create thousands if ThridWitnesses what a marvelous thing, as eventually many will see the light of freedom shining through this issue.

For every action there is reaction and the younger generation of JWs are reacting. Maybe its time the older exJW greats realized that fact just as the GB itself needs to see the same reality.

I am, not sure what this statement means. Might you explain your comments?

Best regards - HS

• dilaceratus
    dilaceratus

What lengths of far-famed ages, billow'd high,

With human agitation, roll along

In insubstantial images of air!

--Edward Young, Night Thoughts on Life, Death, and Immortality: In Nine Nights. (1741)

As this thread continues on to another page without meaningful reply, the question is again posed (sotto voce: for the Lurkers):

Under what circumstances, or by what denial, might Thirdwitness dispute or clear himself of this charge of being a purposefully manufactured creation of the WTBTS, "theoretically" made by AlanF?

Hillary_step: Structured vocabulary is no substitute for critcal thinking. The two need to be used together to have any meaning, but at least you are half way there.
    Perhaps while I churn away at my Logic Puzzles, you might find this an opportune time to work on your Spelling.

[Best Regards,]

[Deliceratus]

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

deliceratus,

A fool may have his coat embroidered with gold, but it is a fool's coat still - Rivarol

Perhaps while I churn away at my Logic Puzzles, you might find this an opportune time to work on your Spelling.

One can always assume that a debater recognizes the defeat of his argument when rather than dealing with the issues at hand, he focuses on his opponents spelling errors. - Hillary Step

As I have previously suggested, perhaps you should spend more time thinking of the content of your posts rather than the way you present them, or for that matter spend any time worrying about my Spelling.

HS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

hillary_step..Right now,I picture you sitting in a chair,laughing your ass off!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

delicaratus,

Under what circumstances, or by what denial, might Thirdwitness dispute or clear himself of this charge of being a purposefully manufactured creation of the WTBTS, "theoretically" made by AlanF?

Why should he need to? AlanF merely speculated, as I might about your capacity to think clearly, about the motives of a poster to this board who by his own admission eventually admitted that he was working in conjunction with a group of advisers. This is an Internet discussion Board, not the European Court of Civil Rights, nor a Kingdom Hall where elders have to set a good example.

Now, perhaps you might answer my question. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that ThirdWitness may indeed be acting in concert with some part of the WTS? If it is not beyond the realms of possibility, why do you appear to be stricken that AlanF has so speculated?

HS

• dilaceratus
    dilaceratus
    Hillary_step: One can always assume that a debater recognizes the defeat of his argument when[,] rather than dealing with the issues at hand [--such as a legitimate question, posed repeatedly], he focuses on his opponent[']s spelling errors [and lack of critical thinking skills]. - Hillary Step, [amended]

Hillary_step (5891): perhaps you should spend more time thinking of the content of your posts rather than the way you present them, or for that matter spend any time worrying about my Spelling.

Hillary_step (5889): I will leave it to the readers to trawl your posts and my responses to see just who is being disjointed and juvenile.

Then you suggest that it is the ultimate in fair debate and sophisticated dialactics to misspell your correspondent's screenname over a dozen times? What a laudatory practice, and certainly not what one would expect from someone who appears to have a desire, but not the expertise, to defend bullying.

I fail to see how your repeated attempts to dodge the direct question which lies at the heart of my complaint about this thread can make The Lurkers who have viewed this thread well over a thousand times in the past twenty-four hours anything but curious as to your actual purpose.

[Respectfully,]

[Deliceratus]

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

dilaceratus..Exactly what charge are you talking about?? No charge has been made..None..It`s all speculation..Pehaps you should ask: "What 3rd Witness can do,to clear himself of speculation?"..LOL!...OUTLAW

• dilaceratus
    dilaceratus
    Hillary_step:

Why should he need to? AlanF merely speculated, as I might about your capacity to think clearly, about the motives of a poster to this board who by his own admission eventaully admitted that he was in conjunction with a group of advisers.

You again fail to answer the question posed, which is beginning to suggest that you find it unanswerable. I believe that when such a question is unanswerable, that it represents an abuse of power.

Why he should need to answer a widespread rumor instigated by AlanF has already been stated, for example, in post 94. Should AlanF's intuitive friend, "M.", without presenting any evidence, but by dint of authority, proclaim to this board his serious speculation that Hillary_step was likely employed as a mole for the WTBTS, working closely in league with Mr Cano on a "special project," you might find yourself more inclined to wonder about whether such a speculation might be need to be answered.

Now, perhaps you might answer my question. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that ThirdWitness may indeed be acting in concert with some part of the WTS? If it is not beyond the realms of possibility, why do you appear to be stricken that AlanF has so speculated?

I stated that I would revisit this question when you were prepared to answer whether it was a "possibility" that AlanF were a racist. Apparently the absurdity of these fallacious questions has yet to settle.

I have noticed that you appear to be misinformed as to the public speculation AlanF has made, however:

AlanF (4619): dilaceratus said:

: What is proposed here is that, either at their own behest, or under the instructions of a superior, the "character" of Thirdwitness was created by an agent of the WTBTS.

That pretty well sums it up.

So your question ought to be, "Is it beyond the realm of possibility that the persona of Thirdwitness has been manufactured under the authority of the WTBTS?"

Having seen no evidence presented on this board, having read counter-explanations by other posters detailing how Thirdwitness has been around for some years in a number of knotheaded forums, having presented counter-evidence myself (the twenty pages of stupid Thirdwitness claims that the city of Tyre does not exist), and having now read through some of the other message boards Thirdwitness has posted to, I would say that this claim is beyond the realm of possibility.

Someone with evidence to counter this impression would surely be an exciting turn.

[Warm Kisses,]

[Delicaratus]

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

How did this topic make it to 8 pages?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit