how many of you have armed themselves?

by buffalosrfree 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I think the parents who have lost children; the families that have lost members; and the friends who have lost mates would love an answer...

I lost a child to asthma; how does one go about disarming asthma? Who or what should be rounded up to make sure it doesn't happen again?

• jstalin
    jstalin
    What type of gun would you recommend for personal protection?

Shotgun or pistol with a low-grain bullet. You don't want your bullets to go through walls and injure other family members or neighbors if you do have to shoot an invader. Hollow-points tend to have a lot of stopping power.

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

Stephanus, Im really sorry for your loss mate, but surely if something could be rounded up or disarmed to prevent it from happening again you would do everything in your power to make that happen.

jstalin, what happens when that home of yours gets broken into and you're not home? The guns get stolen and another 6 guns become available for sale on the black market...

• moshe
    moshe

I went out and did some traget shooting at a friends house last week. I have a nice collection of firearms, I don't know why as I haven't hunted since 1971 when my parents left our family farm for city jobs. I have hopes of getting 40 acres of woodland for recreation sometime soon. I guess it's just the hunter-gatherer latency in my genes as I just have a desire to shoot a gun or use a bow. I belive that is why golf is so popular,too. trying to hit a target with a golf ball is not much different to the subconscious than shooting an arrow or a gun.

peace,

Moshe

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My ex took my 9mm away from me. He and he oil-field buddies were "paging" each other for "jobs" to go out on. My and other girlfriends found out that most of the time their "jobs" were in the strip joints in Dallas. We were partying, waiting for them. I missed him and blew out the pretty bay windows. oops!

• forsharry
    forsharry

You're darned right I armed myself. Never a victim again!

I'm a black belt in karate. :) My hands are lethal weapons

::falls over laughing::

No really. The black belt thing is true. the lethal weapon thing...well...that's my personal secret. ;)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Been armed since I was 16, my first was a single shot 12 gauge shot gun, my favorite is my SKS

• forsharry
    forsharry
    I think the parents who have lost children; the families that have lost members; and the friends who have lost mates would love an answer...

what about those loved ones lost to knives? Britian seems to have a heckuva problem with knifing deaths. Thing is...science builds a better mouse trap and nature creates a better type of mouse.

I'm actually not a big proponent of guns. It's a cowardly way to hurt someone in my opinion. You want to hurt someone? Have the guts to do it with your own hands.

It's like a detachment from reality. But then again, throughout history when men once fought with swords and hands and fists, they still killed...the wars still continued, and science began building higher-tech traps...and we still kill. So guns, knives, fists, bats...what difference does it make really? We're bent on self-destruction anyway.

I can't wait for nature to create a better type of mouse. We're so going down. :)

/end rant that makes no sense. :)

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

My rural home was recently burlarized by a known crack head while we were out. He stole my husband's shotgun! Now, we have an alarm system and a brand new Ruger 9 mm. I never wanted to own a gun but we had to do something, for Christ's sake! I feel much safer now.

CC

• Warlock
    Warlock

Hey Chuckie,

Why don't you look up the statisical evidence for how many crimes have been foiled because someone DID have a firearm?

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit